Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Employees Now Nonrevving In The Blind!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah...and at one point the "best" was ACA, and shortly thereafter the "best" was Air Wisconsin.

Thats funny, interesting fact. AWAC reps were in downtown Chicago at a shindig where UAL was awarding AWAC for being their "best regional carrier". The AWAC rep said to the UAL girl "you know you just put all of our flying up for bid today?" Apparently the chick from United felt pretty stupid...as they should....cuz they are.

If you want to attempt to go this route...you can check out SeatCounter.com

Looks like a bunch of good info but to me it is a bunch of colors, letters and numbers. I looked at a Brasilia flight and the numbers were much higher than what united showed for seat availability on united.com. Does anyone know how to decode this?

oh i definately don't doubt that is could be worse. I just get tired of all the Skywest is Great rhetoric, not exactly. If Skywest is the best why are we getting the SHAFT when trying to commute by not being able to check loads. Ill bet you what is happening is that management is just trying to discourage commuting. Wouldnt surprise me if this was the case with all the problems in denver the company had with commuting employees.

People have been commuting here since the first domicile closed. How do you think they checked loads before all this automation came to be? There are ways to check loads if you'd take the time to educate yourself.

I find it funny you mention "WE TRY OUR BEST" Homie. You might remember:

There once was a dispatcher that put loads and swaps (AND a quick weather brief) on ALL releases, to keep the crew informed about the rest of the day's flights. Well, one day, he was called in and written up for doing it. He was told, Stop doing that above and beyond stuff because "...it makes the rest of the department look bad when they don't do it too" and "we don't want the crews to start 'expecting' it to be on the releases."

That's all I got to say about that.

There once was a dispatcher who was given a letter for putting jokes in the remarks section of the releases. I believe this is the incident you have forgotten the facts about. There was also once several dispatchers who cut and pasted incorrect swap info from Skynet and contributed to people taking the wrong airplanes. That's why this was discontinued, not for the reasons you claim.

Last edited:
My apologies, Mr. Wood (and the rest of flightinfo world). After double-checking the information, I find that I misspoke. Thank you for pointing out the error.

You are correct, it was the 'humor of the day' on the releases that got the write up.

Although, after further investigation, the statement "...it makes the rest of the department look bad..." and "...we don't want the crews to 'expect' it..." was indeed during an 'annual review' and in reference to loads/swaps/weather that the dispatcher was putting on the releases.

Of course, since it WASN'T written up, you won't find it in any file. That's one that would have been nice to HAVE in a file.

But anyway, continue on with the non-rev stuff.

I do not fly for the airlines but I do fly standby quite a bit using buddy passes. How accurate is the "seats available" information from Orbitz?

Could that be effective in figuring out if seats are available on a given flight? I have no idea but thought it was worth asking.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back