Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SIU, why the arrogance?

Ever been furloughed?

I'll tell you how time off without pay differs from furlough from my perspective. I lost my job when Aloha went under.

You keep your medical/dental coverage as opposed to being self-insured.

You keep your travel benefits.

You are still considered employed as far as other employers are concerned - easier to find other jobs when you are employed.

You have a job to go back to.

Ok, i guess time off without pay is much different then a furlough. No I have never been furloughed, nor do I want to be. I am not bashing the OO guys, I wish everyone the best. You working now freight? If you have ever consider becoming an ex-patriot and doing some interesting flying out of the UAE let me know.

Well, it could be hotel issues, and it could be something else. But this much I know: SLC EMB FO is SOLID red arrows, and I think we have exactly three (3) reserves for July on the FO side. That means that I have a 90 hour line awarded with no possibility of ever dropping anything. You guys do the math.

-Goose

Well, it could be hotel issues, and it could be something else. But this much I know: SLC EMB FO is SOLID red arrows, and I think we have exactly three (3) reserves for July on the FO side. That means that I have a 90 hour line awarded with no possibility of ever dropping anything. You guys do the math.

-Goose

get use to it. this place is perpetually understaffed.

get use to it. this place is perpetually understaffed.

I'm used to it by now--I was awarded a 100 hour line, unbid for, back in Feb with solid red arrows and no possibility of dropping. I was commuting to FAT at the time, and between that and the Ag convention, I didn't make it home for about three weeks. My point is that the class probably was cancelled due to hotel issues and not something else.

-Goose

Now that's trust. Confusing for me but trusting of the real Bus Driver.

Doin' finer 'n frog hair - thanks.

By the way, SKyWest has cancelled classes based on hotel issues before. The August show is an outdoor expo that eats up most of the rooms in the city.

I guess I am trustng when it comes to my friends, strange. But those who don't trust others are the ones who know they can't be trusted. Besides, it doesn't matter too much to me, it's only "flight info".

Though it is good to hear from you again andy, I do hope everything is going well.

Latest resources

Back