Skywest Emb120 Aug 4 class date cancelled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i heard 30% furlough

That really is a stupid comment--stupid and irresponsible, from someone who really doesn't know anything about it.

But if something like that were to happen, I'm going to go become a liftie, ski for free, pay off my student loans, and then get the the freak out of this goshforsakenheckhole of an industry.

-Goose

Last edited:
it seems funny that they are running a July CRJ class though...there are even upgrades in it. haven't cancelled that one yet...

There's really no way you can be sure of how many pilots we are overstaffed. As of right this minute, we are critically understaffed in the Brasilia in SLC. (I've never seen a month without most days being a red arrow, and more months than not have been solid red arrows.) We'll see how the Sept schedule plays out--only then can we be sure.

-Goose

I agree. I was just surmising and could be way off base. The EMB always seems to be short staffed..although FAT seems to be fatter these days. My 'numbers' were just based on rjs going away, pro rate flying shrinking and maybe even a base closure. Then the PNW guys would bump many emb pilots down the list and fatten it even more. We'll see.

Then the PNW guys would bump many emb pilots down the list and fatten it even more. We'll see.

Thank goodness there really aren't that many of the PNW guys to begin with! PDX is a pretty small base--I show 41 total, including FOs and CAs. Yes, we'll have to see.

-Gosoe

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back