Skywest earning call notes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who do you think??

Do you think they spent 133 million for the fun of it?
They spent 113 million to secure the opportunity to make millions more by securing some of the sweet UAL/CAL tea. My question is in fact quite simple, given that scope language TODAY prohibits XJET from flying anything larger than 50 seats, how will that reflect on the 700/900 airframes at ASA if they become one certificate with XJET? The re-fleeting question is somewhat rhetorical, does SKYW have a deal in place for the broaching of the CAL scope, or is the re-fleeting merely consist of transferring the 700/900s off the ASA certificate to another certificate, SKYW or some other certificate being purchasre/acquired in the future. I guess my point is we are sitting at the poker table, blindfolded, drinking kool aid spiked with Everclear, holding our cards backwards, while Jerry and Brad sit at the table smoking cigars and getting BJs from our sisters. Point is watch your 6, the smoke and mirrors crowd in SGU have been very busy. My bet is there will be another ATL domicile for a Skyw Inc. certificate by 12/11. The upside for all concerned is very minimal with a very large potential for disaster(pilot wise).
Good Luck we are gonna need it.
PBR

Last edited:
It looks like the intent of the XJet scope language is to merge all airlines under Skywest Inc. It also looks like JA has found a way around the intent by looking at the exact letter of the law. If his lawyers think it will work, he's probably standing on firm legal ground.

One thing to keep in mind: if this is a real priority for both the ASA and XJet MECs, we are both fortunate to have our contracts up for renegotiation this year. Even though the current XJet contract might not be able to force the issue, firm contract negotiation by the newly combined group could possibly get a three-way merger done. We as pilots would have to let our MECs know this is a priority, though.

The re-fleeting question is somewhat rhetorical, does SKYW have a deal in place for the broaching of the CAL scope, or is the re-fleeting merely consist of transferring the 700/900s off the ASA certificate to another certificate, SKYW or some other certificate being purchasre/acquired in the future.

If that scenario was in the cards, it would have been announced; management seems fairly confident in the way they are structuring this deal. I'm willing to bet the new CPA with CAL somehow managed to address the issue with some sort of grandfathering.

If that scenario was in the cards, it would have been announced; management seems fairly confident in the way they are structuring this deal. I'm willing to bet the new CPA with CAL somehow managed to address the issue with some sort of grandfathering.
Ok,
But why re-fleeting?
PBR

Leverage for what? As if we have any control over how these companies are ran, purchased, merged, etc. We hope to fly for a living without getting furloughed, getting paid solid wages, and good benefits.

One of the great benefits of being in a union, is that you as a group get to decide what you will except for your contract. No, you won't get the moon and stars if just demand it, but you also don't just have to accept whatever management is willing to throw at you. Now as a group, ASA and ExJet speak with 4200 voices, and until the skywest pilots start walking with us, they are our competition. It would be much more effective to have 7000 pilots walking in the same direction, then an us vs. them battle.

One thing to keep in mind: if this is a real priority for both the ASA and XJet MECs, we are both fortunate to have our contracts up for renegotiation this year.
Oh snap,
Lets think like
SKYW Inc. contract is up lets negotiate.
Pilots: We want......
Inc.- No
Pilots-we will strike
Inc-you gotta do what you gotta do
Pilots-ok we strike
Inc- Brad go ahead and chain the doors shut, call Delta and UAL/CAL Hdqtrs, let them know all the excess 50 seaters are parked, call the BK court and file, and call the lessors and let them know where their future beer cans are parked.
The system is flushed of excess 50 seat A/C, and the Majors have a fresh pool of newhire applicants for their expansion. Inc will pick up a 250M thank you payment from concerned parties, and throw a RV party at the '11 RNO Air Races, Genny Lee will cream his brazillian banana hammock, and the world will be at peace.
PBR

I"m sure the shareholders would love that.

Whatever...
My point is if you don't think of every possibility Inc. will trash your tater worse than Sasha Grey's at a gangbang. Let us know how the PBS thing is working for you, I told you it would suck, it does and will continue to. JA, BH and the rest of their wrecking crew have been cornholing the SKYW pilots for the last 10 years, successfully. They have been providing Everclear Kool Aid and industrial strength KY. The chipster has decided that the Kool Aid and KY was too expensive and now we are doing without either, al la healthcare ect.
Wake up
PBR

Then why not take some initiative and try to tag onto this merger! Join us and the cornholing will at least come with a can and cannot checklist.

My point is if you don't think of every possibility Inc. will trash your tater worse than Sasha Grey's at a gangbang. Let us know how the PBS thing is working for you, I told you it would suck, it does and will continue to. JA, BH and the rest of their wrecking crew have been cornholing the SKYW pilots for the last 10 years, successfully. They have been providing Everclear Kool Aid and industrial strength KY. The chipster has decided that the Kool Aid and KY was too expensive and now we are doing without either, al la healthcare ect.
Wake up
PBR

You and our pilot "crj567" should get together and have a wrist slitting party...Obviously life sucks for you two...

As a 16+ year ASA pilot, I have never seen better leadership here....We have had some terrible leaders in the past and this is a huge improvement...I'll take another pint of koolaid please....

Latest resources

Back