• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haven't heard much about it recently. Someone said on another forum that the crew has been placed on admin leave with no pay pending the NTSB/FAA investigation. A few years ago that crew would probably be back flying already. But with no shortage of flight crews and the FAA handing out 60 day suspensions for minor offenses, it doesn't look promising. I hope I'm wrong and the crew will be back on the line soon.

Didn't the PIC or the SIC see the giant "walk way" about 1 foot away from the props approaching their airplane?

There's video of the airplane being marshaled in? Does it also show the jetway in motion? Please post a link.
Video showed nosewheel solid on the line....
The rest was wishful thinking on my part. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around a Captain taxiing his plane into a jetway that literally passed about five feet from his own head before he hit it, but sure enough, that's what he did. :confused:
Marshaller definitely dropped the ball, but CA doesn't get a pass on this one.

Hi!

At my US airline, we were taught to follow the marshaller's instructions, if we had a marshaller. We had one crew that was marshalled into a collision. At first the DO wanted to fire them, but then the Tng Dept said the crew was doing EXACTLY what they were supposed to do. Nothing happened to the crew.
Saw a light tower knocked down in Dar. They had a marshaller and two wing-walkers...STILL took out the tower with their left wingtip.

cliff
LFW

Latest resources

Back