SkyWest back to Coex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mckpickle said:
We are the ones who built this company and expanded this place into what it is, so excuse me and my co-workers if we take a bit of pride and a lot of insult when it is TAKEN. Don't rub our noses in it.

Oh man, that's rich! Pardon me while I laugh my ass off over this one... it almost sounds like the pilots are taking personal credit for XJT's massive growth.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that pilots are hired to fly the planes from Point A to Point B. That's pretty much the job description. Fly the plane. Management runs the company, buys/leases the planes, pays the bills, etc. Management acquires more planes and routes, then has to hire more pilots to fly said planes; that's pretty much how the growth cycle goes.

So, could you explain to me again how the pilots are the "ones who built this company and expanded this place into what it is"? Looks to me like we're all just a bunch of warm bodies hired to fly those planes... we have pretty much nothing to do with the actual growth other than show up for a class date.

Sorry if I come across sounding like a smartass, but that statement just seemed a wee bit arrogant... also, you neglected to mention how the company was built and expanded into what it is today by taking over flying from mainline, compliments of crappy scope clauses and greedy management.

What'cha think, has this thread been beaten to death yet??

mckpickle said:
Your amnonimity provides you a bit of security. But those issues were dealt with long ago. The a/c picked up in Brazil happened almost 2 years ago. As far as CALALPA goes, many would not have jobs now if it were not for our union. These guys who represent us are top notch and have most of ours full support. Spreading rumors does nothing to help the cause.

Oh Steve Steve Steve,

There needs to be a house cleaning at 3808 World Houston Parkway...and it starts with Leneski.

Jetlink said:
;) I know exactly what I am talking about. If you can please explain to everyone here how CALALPA did this without the company's approval, please post it here. Its ridiculous to think otherwise. Now tell our negotiators to get off the golf course with the Jims and PS4ing themselves home on a Thursday afternoon and picking airplanes up from Brazil with Semak and get back to the table :D

I never said that CAL ALPA did this without the company's approval, but believe it or not...it was in fact CAL ALPA negotiating with CAL who then negotiated with the vendor carrier. CAL ALPA had the ability to say no to this deal but made those jobs a precondition to any deal. XJT management was only involved in a minor fashion. But to claim that XJT and/or CAL management negotiated jobs out of the goodness of their hearts is pure garbage.

As to the rest of your post....pretty funny. You left out the sailing trips on the yachts as well. The truth is:

1. Not one of the negotiators has ever picked up a plane in Brazil (in fact, 2 of them are no longer current)

2. Not one of the negotiators has ever played golf with any of our company management. That rumor has been summarily dismissed multiple times during road shows and LEC meetings.

3. Yes, as part of Contract '97, Association representatives travel either PS5 or PS4 to/from union business.

GJ

METARzan said:
However, there has been a couple of former XJT/SKW pilots who have chosen to go back to XJT by no-showing their SKW flights.

Do you have a source for this info? If it is true, that is just flat out wrong and unprofessional - Especially since the first recall class isn't until November 10. They should give 2 weeks notice.

GJ

CaptainCrunch said:
For a group of professional airline pilots you xjet guys sure do cry like a bunch of beotches. You guys whine so loud I swear I can hear you over the jet engine when you taxi past. I guess that's what happens when you hire kids to be airline pilots.

Well, aren't you just the world experienced airline pilot. Did you get all of your worldly airline knowledge in the whole 2500 ours that you've flown? And kids as airline pilots? We "cry like a bunch of beotches," you are very out of line and are doing a great job of continuing the alienation of your pilot group from ALPA carriers. We will cry, yell, and raise hell, be good unionists, and get the contract we deserve or Express Jet will shut down when we strike. And all of our routes WILL be identified by ALPA as struck routes and if you, or any other carrier, flies these routes you will be flying stuck work. Period. So add all of that to your grand wealth of 2500 hours of flying experience......beotch.

And all of our routes WILL be identified by ALPA as struck routes and if you, or any other carrier, flies these routes you will be flying stuck work. Period.
You really need to clarify that statement, or there will be a TON of pilots out there that you guys will be accusing of flying struck work.

What you should be saying is that anyone who flies those routes with a CAL flight # or a CAL paint job will be flying struck work. For the CAL mainline guys, they can't increase frequency or gauge on a struck route. But mainline can still fly those routes and not be scabs. I can still fly DFW-IAH as a Delta Connection, and I'm certainly NOT flying struck work. Be careful about painting with too broad of a brush. With your definition of struck work, you'll be calling every ASA, Comair, CHQ, SkyWest, Pinnacle, Mesaba, Air Wisconsin, ACA, Eagle, etc, etc, not to mention a bunch of mainline pilots, scabs. Think about it.

Also, IF any XJet/SkyWest guys did no-show for work on a SW flight, shame on you. That's extremely unprofessional and childish behavior. There's nothing like stranding your pax and crew for your own silly personal reasons.

mckpickle said:
So we don't need a snot nose little fukc like you saying "well it's not your flying" They'll get OUR flying when they pry it from our cold dead fukcing hands.

Holy crap, I can't believe I missed this little gem from mr. pickle!

"OUR" flying??? Beautiful, man. You crack me up, seriously. Dude, you don't need cold dead hands, just a crappy scope clause and greedy management willing to whipsaw two pilots groups against each other. For example, see the last few years worth of mainline CAL vs. Jetlink. Sorry, I shouldn't be laughing about this, but to hear XJT crying "scope, scope!" just seems pretty funny.

Okay, I'm done... y'all keep going though, this is quite entertaining.

JBcrjca said:
You really need to clarify that statement, or there will be a TON of pilots out there that you guys will be accusing of flying struck work.

ALPA, the world's largest airline pilot union, will define this. It will not be defined by you or me. And yes, if you fly something that ALPA defines as struck work you WILL be listed as a scab.

JBcrjca said:
Also, IF any XJet/SkyWest guys did no-show for work on a SW flight, shame on you. That's extremely unprofessional and childish behavior. There's nothing like stranding your pax and crew for your own silly personal reasons. [/B]

A predictable statement from a non-union pilot.

You want to label my future as "silly" and "personal?" Well, silly NO, personal YES. With the exception of comitting bodily harm to my family or me, taking money from my family and me and harming my career is definitely personal.

Skywest voted against unionism as did Commutair. DO NOT expect to, in anyway, align yourselves with the professional ALPA pilots from other carriers in the world. You think you can make it alone with your management "taking care of you?" Feel free to do so, but we are NOT your brothers.
__
And on a side note, Commutair pilots in CLE are UNAUTHORIZED to access our crew room. DO NOT use the couches, recliners, tv, or sneak in to take crew meals. This is actually against Continental corporate policy so don't be alarmed if you are asked to leave. I believe you have been set up with a nice trailer out back in CLE.

Does flyer811 talk for you union pilots by inferring its ok to leave your pax and crew high and dry? Is it a predictable statement from a union pilot or do the vast majority see some personal responsibility union or not? I think its the later.

flyer811 - when the hell did this become a union vs. non-union debate? Nothing in my previous post even remotely resembled what you just came up with. I was merely pointing out that what you described as struck work was a very large/vague definition. And you're right, ALPA will define it...but not everyone flying those same routes will be called scabs. Surely you can see the point I'm trying to make. Or maybe not. (also, everyone knows that ALPA is the largest pilots union, not sure why you threw that tidbit in there)

And my derision of Xjet/SW pilots no-showing is a predictable statement from a non-union pilot? How so?? Even a union member should call no-showing a trip because you've been recalled elsewhere unprofessional and childish. If time allows, you should always give your employer two weeks notice. I was NOT referring to your future, or somehow trying to steal money from or harm you or your family. How your twisted sense of logic turned my statement around, I'll never understand. I just think it sucks for a crewmember to bail on a trip and screw over his co-workers and passengers.

DO NOT expect to, in anyway, align yourselves with the professional ALPA pilots from other carriers in the world. You think you can make it alone with your management "taking care of you?" Feel free to do so, but we are NOT your brothers.
Dude, you totally lost me on that one. Nowhere in my post was I trying to align myself with anyone, and I certainly didn't hint or imply that we were brothers in this profession. Get over yourself. I was pointing out two issues that had NOTHING to do with union vs. non-union. Cripes, sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this bulletin board. You try to make a semi-logical post, and it gets turned around and spit back at you. And on that note, I'm done with this pissing contest. I can't wait to see how this will post will be twisted around. Maybe it'll become a Democrat vs Republican debate? Maybe abortion rights, that's always a hot topic.

Latest resources

Back