• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest back to Coex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now I have a question for you. How did you come by this mostly inaccurate information? We only discussed it once in our LEC meeting explaining why we voted no.

If you want to know where this info came about, I will tell you via PM.

Last edited:
If anyone really believes that CALALPA was the muscle behind the furloughees getting jobs at CA or SKW....give me a break.

CALALPA begged EXJT management to throw them a bone here and it was CONTINENTAL, using the power of the leverage they had over both of those companies to take our pilots...thats it. CALALPA has no power whatsoever to ever come up with this type of arrangement. This was one management group to another....the union boys were the spectators.

The arrangement worked out well, and CALALPA jumped to take credit for it, as they happily take credit for the sun rising every morning it seems.

Jetlink said:
If anyone really believes that CALALPA was the muscle behind the furloughees getting jobs at CA or SKW....give me a break.

CALALPA begged EXJT management to throw them a bone here and it was CONTINENTAL, using the power of the leverage they had over both of those companies to take our pilots...thats it. CALALPA has no power whatsoever to ever come up with this type of arrangement. This was one management group to another....the union boys were the spectators.

The arrangement worked out well, and CALALPA jumped to take credit for it, as they happily take credit for the sun rising every morning it seems.

You sir, are grossly misled. If you have evidence of what you claim above (I know you don't), please post it here. Otherwise, it is safe to assume that you are spouting typical management kool aid rhetoric.

GJ

Jetlink said:

It's painfully obvious that you have NO idea what you are talking about.

Actually XJT had nothing to do with the Turbo-Prop MOU. That is an agreement between CALALPA and Continental Airlines.

For those of you SKW guys who are getting called back to XJT, Congrats!

You now have the choice between two good airlines, and I wish you the best at whatever you choose.

However, there has been a couple of former XJT/SKW pilots who have chosen to go back to XJT by no-showing their SKW flights.

I wish I had some names to post because that kind of unprofessionalism needs to be "rewarded".

They not only screwed SKW, the inocent passengers just waiting to go somewhere, and the rest of the crew. The screwed the chances of a deal like this happening again.

I know the XJT guys reading this will be just as ticked off as the SKW people it effected. Keep an eye out for these jokers.

Unforunately some people will never grow up. They will be the same pilots that will be in the CPO every other month. It is to bad but a fact of life.

They should remember that they are still on probation when they come back to CALEX. Which means they can be released for any reason.

George Jetson said:
You sir, are grossly misled. If you have evidence of what you claim above (I know you don't), please post it here. Otherwise, it is safe to assume that you are spouting typical management kool aid rhetoric.

GJ

;) I know exactly what I am talking about. If you can please explain to everyone here how CALALPA did this without the company's approval, please post it here. Its ridiculous to think otherwise. Now tell our negotiators to get off the golf course with the Jims and PS4ing themselves home on a Thursday afternoon and picking airplanes up from Brazil with Semak and get back to the table :D

Oh I love these forums....

Your amnonimity provides you a bit of security. But those issues were dealt with long ago. The a/c picked up in Brazil happened almost 2 years ago. As far as CALALPA goes, many would not have jobs now if it were not for our union. These guys who represent us are top notch and have most of ours full support. Spreading rumors does nothing to help the cause.

Latest resources

Back