• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is Skywest TDYing 200 crews to ATL, when we have 80 out on furlough? Isn't this the same as scabbing? Someone said they are sending in 30 crews per week, can anyone confirm?
What a moron, they were helping us out and by at least getting money to SKYW Inc bank account. If we would have just cancelled those flights we would have lost all that money. We lost it (ASA) but SKYW Inc still got it. We are a fee for departure airline but I would expect you to understand that or anything else in the airline world since you obviously don't know what a scab is. Sorry SKYW brothers and thanks for helping us and our pax out.

What a moron, they were helping us out and by at least getting money to SKYW Inc bank account. If we would have just cancelled those flights we would have lost all that money. We lost it (ASA) but SKYW Inc still got it. We are a fee for departure airline but I would expect you to understand that or anything else in the airline world since you obviously don't know what a scab is. Sorry SKYW brothers and thanks for helping us and our pax out.
ditto.

Omg.. For those that are accusing of scabbing.. You've got to be kidding right?
First a Scab is someone the flies struck work. Asa was not on strike. 2nd, they were helping us out while a major mistake was found and we took care of it ourselves. The faa was not involved and it was all voluntary.
They were not scabbing nor are they scabs.. oh yes, I am an Asa captain.

The "s word" would have never been mentioned if SKW was a union airline. In the mind of an ignorant person, non-union = scab. Thankfully, almost everybody knows better.

To my SkyWest brothers thanks for the info. I was just wondering if they transferring the naps to SkyWest. But it doesn't appear that mgmt is doing that.

701EV

Maybe not scabs, but I still don't like em'. Bash all you want, I just know that while we have been shrinking, skywest has grown by leaps and bounds with aircraft that should have been ours. I sat reserve for close to two years, and now we have 80 guys on the street, yet skwest is overstaffed and sending guys to Atl to cover our flying. That debacle cost us about three days of irregularity, but threeweeks later I'm still seeing skywest 200's in Atl. Do you all really think they are just helping us out for a maint. fck up? We are short handed now and you can't trade trips due to low coverage every friggin' day. I think they are trying to forestall a fourlough at skywest and keep our guys out on the street long enough to make it cost effective. But hey, what do I know, you all are the butt buddies with the skywest folk so you tell me. And yes I am a captain here.

Latest resources

Back