SkyWest ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

701EV

Hey SkyWest brothers, I just heard that you folks are flying the naps out of ATL is there any truth to that? If so on what airplane?

Thanks,

701EV

We used to have them to SAT, BNA, GSP, STL and TLH. Next month there is one occurance to SAT, 3 to IAH and CHS for the last 3 weeks of the month. All on the CRJ-900. There are a lot less next month than we have had over the past 6 months
It's possible that crews from other bases are flying some others, but I doubt it.

Why is Skywest TDYing 200 crews to ATL, when we have 80 out on furlough? Isn't this the same as scabbing? Someone said they are sending in 30 crews per week, can anyone confirm?

pretty sure this ended this past weekend. They scheduled skywest crews to cover the MX problem for longer than they needed. They didn't pull the crews off when the problem was resolved until they schedule they put in place ended.

FYI in order for anything to be considered scabbing it must involve struck work... Is ASA striking?

It was also to cover the 900 flying until ASA is up and running with it. Remember Mesaba is in SLC

Pretty sure the 200 crews where in ATL to help out you guys since something like 60 airplanes were grounded in one day.

Why is Skywest TDYing 200 crews to ATL, when we have 80 out on furlough? Isn't this the same as scabbing? Someone said they are sending in 30 crews per week, can anyone confirm?

We all want our furloughed brothers and sisters back in the cockpit, but you've got to stop throwing the scab word around. It shows that you are either ignorant to what the definition of scab is, or you're an emotional little child.

We should be thankful that Skywest came down to Atlanta and helped us out. I believe if we didn't get help, than SKYW Inc. would have possibly broke even, or lost money in the first quarter. Either way, someone's head is going to roll in our maintenance department for the oversight.

So using your logic (or illogic)...when ASA was owned by Delta and they had pilots on furlough...You must have been a scab...Were you a scab?

I never once saw the word scab. Did I miss something here. According to some of the mec people from the union Asa lost money last quarter and no bonus checks for us. I hope that is not true. We as a pilot group work hard Asa and Skywest

Latest resources

Back