Skywest/ASA merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

soup can

Word on the street is the deal is done (again) and will be announced in the next month. I heard the staples have been loaded into the stapler too.

LATE

This one always starts the most entertaining threads. Where's my popcorn?

soup can said:
Word on the street is the deal is done (again) and will be announced in the next month. I heard the staples have been loaded into the stapler too.

LATE

Here we go again. I heard that gulfstream international was buying skywest and it was staple, staple, staple. Apparently Skywest is more senior so the only fair way to go is to staple, I heard from a friend of a friend who knows a guys brother in law's, sister's cousin.

Wait a minute...we're supposed to hijack it to a barbeque thread, aren't we?

k_EAT=ho_ME said:
Wait a minute...we're supposed to hijack it to a barbeque thread, aren't we?
The Danken Trail just west of KMLU. AWESOME ribs, and beans.

NO, NO, NO....not barbeque.

I heard The Delta Connection (Comair) academy was the best flight school around...or was TabExpress?

jehtplane said:
Here we go again. I heard that gulfstream international was buying skywest and it was staple, staple, staple. Apparently Skywest is more senior so the only fair way to go is to staple, QUOTE]

What does the whole staple thing mean? I'm new to the airlines and I don't know what the term Staple means, can anyone explain it to me please?

SKYW stock is up over a buck (5%) in today's trading. There may be a few folks who know something here and that is what's driving the stock price. A 5% gain in a day usually is tied to some forthcoming news that is good. Then again, MESA is up 11% so maybe MESA will announce next week that it has purchased ASA. DAL will then cancel it's SLC ccontract with SKYW and give all of that flying to MESA.

Staple is to put the whole group on the bottom of the other's list, without regard to date of hire. It is standard with airlines that are not in the same union, like ALPA. I doubt SkyWest would do that to ASA, but if SkyWest buys them there will be a bias toward the SkyWest pilots for sure. And, if we (DL) do go Chap 11, there is a very good chance ASA will be sold to somebody----just so we can pay the Bankruptcy lawyers......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back