Skywest/ASA merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yank McCobb said:
I guess you missed the wink and the sarcasm directed at the quoted poster and his previously stated animosity toward Comair and their perceived injustices toward DL furloughees.

Or maybe you just have a "cobb" up your a@@, since you have been shafted by JI. I don't know. Which is it?

When I have 18000 hours and am about to retire, I'll probably steer clear of the regional forums. Why don't you just float away?

Last edited:
What do you care? I can piss away my time any way I choose. I choose to rattle the cages of the easily rattled. And there are no cages easier to rattle than the overly sensitive, insecure and WAY too self-important regional pilots and wannabe regional pilots.

Hey General, you better watch out for ole' Grinstien. ASA getting sold my be the best thing that could happen to us. It sounds to me that he is not "planning" on failing, he is simply sabotaging the whole works. Maybe its time to take off the rose colored glasses and get out your check book.

outtahere said:
Hey General, you better watch out for ole' Grinstien. ASA getting sold my be the best thing that could happen to us. It sounds to me that he is not "planning" on failing, he is simply sabotaging the whole works. Maybe its time to take off the rose colored glasses and get out your check book.

First of all, why would I get out my check book? I am lost with that one. You mean I wouldn't be paid as much? I wouldn't pay anyone with my check book.

So, are you sure about being better off? Ever seen the way SkyWest management negotiates with their pilots? They are still flying the 70 seaters at 50 seat rates. And you want a raise? You won't get squat. As far as Grinstein and how he works, he was very happy to get our cost cuts--$1 billion a year for 5 years. He may ask us again, but it is likely he is going after the other employees with no contracts. We are on track for cost cutting, it is just that we were LATE in initiating it. The gas thing doesn't help either, and he is trying to do this out of court, but this memo thing is a way to prep people for some sort of pay cuts. The pilots, in reality, are becoming cheaper---since 1800 senior Captains have left in 1 year---and junior pilots with less longevity are now flying the larger aircraft at lower rates due to years of service. The stews, on the otherhand, are not retiring and most are 30 year plus mamas. Where will he go first?

ASA getting sold to SkyWest or someone else (maybe Mesa) won't be that much fun. Pay raises aren't in anyone's future (myself included) for along time if you are connected to Delta. That is just the way it is. But, maybe someday things will turn around and you will be able to go to DELWEST (DL/NW merge) and get that much deserved raise.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
If Northwest buys Delta they will take the first part of the name from "Northwest Airlines" and the second part of the name from "Delta Airlines". The new name will thus be Northwest Airlines.;)

doh said:
If Northwest buys Delta they will take the first part of the name from "Northwest Airlines" and the second part of the name from "Delta Airlines". The new name will thus be Northwest Airlines.;)

Nobody will BUY anyone. A merger would probably happen. Then, they will look at who has more airplanes and which fleet would be more expensive to repaint. That will determine the eventual name. Thank GAWD we have soooooo many RJs with the "DELTA CONNECTION" name on them..........We may come out the winner.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
And, if we (DL) do go Chap 11, there is a very good chance ASA will be sold to somebody----just so we can pay the Bankruptcy lawyers......

Surely there has to be more players involved than SkyWest ... I hope.

Black Water Dog said:
Surely there has to be more players involved than SkyWest ... I hope.

Yeah, I heard Mesa might be interested. JO loves that Southern Accent down here in ATL......

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
JO loves that Southern Accent down here in ATL......

Maybe he can come on down and we can bring him up into the north Georgia mountains for a little Ned Beatty treatment. He can find out how it feels to be on the receiving end.

And then all of the Skywest pilots will be on the street too! You seriously expect ASA guys would stick around for that? Here ya go Skywest, have 160 planes and no pilots! That'd help the bottom line for sure! And then...down goes Delta! I'd love to be part of taking down 3 airlines in a matter of weeks, that'd have to be a record.

Latest resources

Back