Skywest/ASA merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jehtplane said:
The only thing Skypest is trying to do is buy into the Delta network before they are left standing without a chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like someone is getting a little nervous...........

jehtplane said:
The only thing Skypest is trying to do is buy into the Delta network before they are left standing without a chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With quality, mature captains like this, I'm sure SkyWest will be deeply moved and offer DOH to the ASA group. :rolleyes:
p.s. our nickname is SkyWorst. please get it right next time.

jehtplane said:
What should we do, or what would you do, walk off the job today? Don't talk smack about something you know nothing about. And if you work for us than put up or shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that you would be amazed at the resolve of our pilot group. We have a great group. Skywest pilot's have nothing to talk about Mr I will fly a 747 for emb-120 pay! Management is holding out, well that is a two way street. SO ARE WE! We are not fighting for mediocre pay and benies like some other places have settled for!

My friend, I am an ASA pilot. I do "put up," in that I fly the contract, kick Crew Sched. in the balls whenever I get the chance, and make sure my aircraft is "safe."

I do my part, but sometimes It seems like I'm alone in this.

BTW, ASA is now officially CAT II certified, it seems many of our "brothers" saw fit to do all those practice approaches--you know, to help the company out.

Bluto said:
p.s. our nickname is SkyWorst. please get it right next time.
I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Nice one Bluto.

jehtplane said:

I don't mean to be confrontational, but SkyWest already has over 1,000 departues per day under the "Delta Connection" banner. Or maybe I'm misreading your post.

Palerider957 said:
Unfortunately, I think soupcan is correct.

ASA pilots are used and abused daily, but are still turning in record performence numbers. As a group, they must not be too upset at their treatment, or simply afraid to force reform.
You are correct, we set performance records everyday, we have the worst on time performance in the industry, the worst customer service, the ugliest flight attendants, and the dumbest schedulers and dispatchers. We are so performance orriented it is scary. If Skywest thinks they can staple, I'm sure we can really tweak the numbers. As far as being glad to have a job, yes I am gald to work for ASA, should it become anything else and start to cost me money and quality of life, what is the point of staying. But then again this is never going to happen so whats the point of discussing it. By the way, General Lee really pisses me off, just thought i'd through that out there.

RocketDog said:
I don't mean to be confrontational, but SkyWest already has over 1,000 departues per day under the "Delta Connection" banner. Or maybe I'm misreading your post.

Actually 480 daily departures for delta. The over 1000 daily departures includes their United express flights!

BTW, ASA is now officially CAT II certified, it seems many of our "brothers" saw fit to do all those practice approaches--you know, to help the company out.

Have heard the company sent IPs out to fly and do the approaches. Don't know if this is true or not though.

Latest resources

Back