• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Anouncement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not about thick-skin. I could care less about that...

I just want a logical, clear, well-pointed debate about it. Some of them are obviously incapable of that.

All they know is, "My airline is thew bestest airline EVER!!! And every other airline should die a horrible death!!! Because we're 'this' or 'that.'" I think the attitude of "we're better than you" looking both ways is a bit childish and immature.

I don't wear the rose-colored glasses. I can look objectively and know that life is not perfect at OO or EV. In the end, it doesn't really matter. I'm going to fly my plane and be the best pilot that I can whether that plane says SkyWest or ASA.

My point was, why would SKYW Inc. management kill their baby? The one that they've nurtured for 35 years?

You're on the wrong site for that. FI is all about mud slinging and immaturity. It's more fun that way.

If you want a serious conversation, try the airlinepilotcentral.com message boards.

You're on the wrong site for that. FI is all about mud slinging and immaturity. It's more fun that way.

If you want a serious conversation, try the airlinepilotcentral.com message boards.
Penispump,
Those guys are pussies, anyone can debate using logic and research, us here at FI are the monkeys throwing poop through the bars. You wanna go to Harvard and watch geeks study in the library or you wanna go to the zoo and watch monkeys throw turds at the housewives and their kids?
PBR

Penispump,
Those guys are pussies, anyone can debate using logic and research, us here at FI are the monkeys throwing poop through the bars. You wanna go to Harvard and watch geeks study in the library or you wanna go to the zoo and watch monkeys throw turds at the housewives and their kids?
PBR

Um, yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying... thanks for the example.

Jeeesh,
Lighten up Francis, you are gonna stoke out if you don't laugh a bit.
Here come one with peanuts and corn!
PBR

why would SKYW Inc. management kill their baby? The one that they've nurtured for 35 years?

I will start out by saying I don't think that this will happen nor do I want it to, but I am ammused by how you Skywest guys talk about your airline like this. ASA could just become "Skywest" over night. If JA chose he could faze OO out and keep ASA as the new "Skywest", thus keeping his 35 year old "baby" alive and well. If it were economically better for JA and the gang they would do just that.

I think it was WN that came up with an idea to use the pushback tugs to drag the plane all the way out to the runway at airports with large delays to save jet fuel and engine run time. The saving was in the millions.

Was Richard Branson's idea, not Southwest.

If Southwest wanted to decrease their fuel consumption they would develop a procedure allowing their pilots to single engine taxi; not find a code share partner to operate RJs.

Yes, but that would mean they would have to give up the 80 knot taxi. Not going to happen.

Actually, the fuel burns of an EMB170/190 and a 737 are pretty similar. The difference lies in the crew costs. If there is a shifting of flying to the regionals (and there better not be) it isn't because they burn less gas.

Really?

Ring............Ring..........
"Hi, Bryan Bedford speaking"
"Hey, Bryan, I heard that the 170 burns the same as a 737. Why don't we just operate 737s, with 70 seats in them and fill the other half of the plane with cargo and other sh!t that makes money? After all, I heard on FI that scope will remain the same - everyone's talking about it!"
"That's a great idea, what does a 737 cost these days?"
"I dunno, but UAL might be parking a bunch of them because of the cost of gas and they also want more 170s. We could just start flying the ones that they park - they burn the same as a 170"
"If they burn the same, and UAL owns them outright, why would they park them - they also carry alot more peeps = more revenue"
"Like I said, someone on FI said they burn the same amount of gas"
"O.K., I'll get right on that"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back