Skywest and Aspen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can someone make sense of this?

Even with all engines operating, there is still a risk that an engine failure could occur during the balked landing climb-out.

Even with all engines operating, there is still a risk that an engine failure could occur during the balked landing climb-out.

It means just because they're both turning now doesn't mean that they'll both be turning in 30 seconds when you decide to go around.

There is an easy fix to this... If they shut down both engines at 50' AGL then there is no risk that an engine failure could occur during a balked landing climb-out.

AWAC = Most experienced / senior pilots flew into ASE.

SkyWest = Most junior / drafted pilots are forced into training and fly ASE.

This is not a good setup.

I pray we never read about an accident there. It will look bad for all. Skywest. "Regionals". CR7s.

I wish we had had as much.
AWACoff, I hope your new airline has a good training department! Congrats man!

Here at AWAC, our BAe-146 crews (regardless of domicile) always had the option of turning down ASE turns -if desired. Do SkyWest crews have this option? We also had our own AWAC approach procedures (lower mins than the standard FAA approaches) and special missed procedures which all had to be memorized. We still own the rights to this procedure and I know AWAC won't let even the highest bidder get thier hands on it...unless we take additional concessions!

Either way, I would fly with SkyWest in a second instead of Mesa!

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0169701/L/

Enjoy the ASE photo of a BAe-146 on the approach.

Basically you guys are being paranoid. Lets be real here, how often do you lose an engine on a balked landing????? ya thats what I thought you have a better chance of winning the lottery then getting whacked by lighting at the same time. You guys should focus on watching the roads more. You are much more likely to get whacked on the streets than you ever are flying into ASE no matter what plane your are flying. You can count the odds all you want and it comes up the same everytime. Basically it ain't gonna happen so relax.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back