• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Alpa. It's not just about the contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh Please-you would have called the best attorney too if it were someone you cared about...if there is anyone !

Oh Please-you would have called the best attorney too if it were someone you cared about...if there is anyone !

Now isn't that a bit much there Captain Scarlett?

It would be illegal for Skywest to eliminate the performance bonus plan. If a Union were voted in they are required to maintain a "status quo" until a contract is ratified. A little knowledge goes a long way.

And what do you think will happen when a contract is ratified. Good bye performance rewards. Adios good QOL. If anyone can beat 100 credit hrs and 15 days off a month, please tell me how. I don't want to mess with a good thing just so I can get job protection that I don't need and don't want.

What ALPA carrier has good work rules? Friends at United, Midwest, Virgin America, and Frontier don't.

And what do you think will happen when a contract is ratified. Good bye performance rewards. Adios good QOL. If anyone can beat 100 credit hrs and 15 days off a month, please tell me how. I don't want to mess with a good thing just so I can get job protection that I don't need and don't want.

What ALPA carrier has good work rules? Friends at United, Midwest, Virgin America, and Frontier don't.

Steve, that's ridiculous. We who are actually union don't lose everything when the contract is signed.

We have guaranteed QOL and performance rewards for everyone, not just those like you who get rewarded for licking your manager's boots at the expense of your fellow pilots.

You're just mad because a union will even the playing field so that everyone can get the special favors you at the other teachers pets get.

Have you ever heard of 9/11? Have you ever heard of bankruptcy?

Yes, ALPA has taken a beating in the last 7 years, but it wasn't always that way. Take a look at UAL's or DAL's year 2000 contracts if you don't believe me.

Don't blame ALPA, blame the economy, the government, and the terrorists. Oh, also blame the traveling public who have decided in the last few years that they want first class treatment for Greyhound fares.

And, btw, Virgin is non union and Frontier has an in-house union. Try educating yourself before spewing garbage.

Have you ever heard of 9/11? Have you ever heard of bankruptcy?

Yes, ALPA has taken a beating in the last 7 years, but it wasn't always that way. Take a look at UAL's or DAL's year 2000 contracts if you don't believe me.

Don't blame ALPA, blame the economy, the government, and the terrorists. Oh, also blame the traveling public who have decided in the last few years that they want first class treatment for Greyhound fares.

And, btw, Virgin is non union and Frontier has an in-house union. Try educating yourself before spewing garbage.

You making the point for everyone at Skywest who does not want ALPA. All ALPA supporters at Skywest argue that QOL has gone down the past 5 or 6 years. You state the reasons for that clearly above. This is the last company that needs ALPA! As for all the ASA people that get on here begging for us to vote in ALPA... Stop. Thinking that if Skywest votes in ALPA will end your misery at your ALPA run Regional is nonsense. Even if they merge the list it will not happen any time soon. Also, if the merger happens ALPA will end up screwing you guys and sticking you all on the bottom.

AugerPtrol said:
Also, if the merger happens ALPA will end up screwing you guys and sticking you all on the bottom.

Another ill-informed, anti-ALPA statement.

Keep in mind that all concessionary agreements at ALPA carriers have been voted for and ratified by each pilot group; those provisions were negotiated, instead of having things given or taken away at the sole discretion of the company.

To argue that ALPA "failed" these groups or that they would have done better without ALPA representing them during concessionary bargaining, especially during the bankruptcy process, is foolishly naive.

Latest resources

Back