• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Alpa. It's not just about the contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see no need for ALPA and I can put my money to far better use. There ONLY advantage to ALPA, to which people seem to agree with, is job security. SkyWest is NOT out to get it's employees. I'm not sure how things are over at ASA for you, but that doesn't happen here. Furthermore, there is a HUGE pilots shortage that is just starting and is only going to get worse. Use you're self-proclaimed intellect to figure the rest out.

You can put your money to far better use? First off, not sure if you heard this from the hundred or so other guys who have stated it here but your dues are TAX DEDUCTABLE....If you itemize (and if you arent itemizing as a pilot you are a fool) you get the money back and can still "put your money to far better use."

If what happend to DD happened to you would you still share the sentiment that skywest is not out to get you? If you think there is anything ok with what happened to DD or that this is one isoloted case, you are high. This made its way into the public domain because DD had the wherewithall to fight it for two years and prevail. Most other similar cases get shot around the rumour mill but all the facts dont come out...the fired pilot is sent on his way and just tries to put the pieces of his life back together. News flash for you, pilots have been treated unfairly and fired at Skywest. I know you dont want to think that Uncle Jerry, the family man could run such a corrupt company but you hope in vain.

People of intelligence, buy car insurance, house insurance and job insurance. To keep an organization thats track record is not only spotty but downright corrupt rather than get Alpa that at least has some checks and balances and accountability would be missguided at best and downright stupid at worst. Btw you get what your representatives bargain for. Sapa is ZERO for about a hundred recently. A smart man would understand you get what you bargain for. A smart man would understand a well chosen MEC, under that Alpa umbrella has a much better chance of bargaining for and winning some quality of life/compensation battles. It took ASA two years to make significant gains on its contract which is now superior to that of the skywest pilots who waited four years for 0%,1% and a Brad Holt override that doesnt apply in umpteen different situations. Sapa is not sophisticated or powerful enough to do anything even before accounting for the fact a majority of them already sold their souls to the company in exchange for personal rewards.

Skywest is the highest netting regional in the industry. Its pilots are not at the top in work rules or pay when you look at all regionals. They are moving closer and closer to the bottom. Buy a clue and look at the facts instead of playing your anti alpa broken record woes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back