• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Airlines Hiring First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what do you have to tell them about your driving record? Currently my DL will not be renewed and I have a warrant issued. I was randomly pulled over (I live on the TX/Mexican border). I had just purchased my truck used and my credit union owned the title so they had to do the paperwork which took forever and caused me to go over on the registration date. Anywho I told them I had proof it had been paid for awhile back so they said it would just be a $10 dismissal fee. A few days later I called the court to get the mailing address because the DPS guy didn't give me a card with the info on it. They said they didn't have any ticket for me on file. I called back a few days later and same deal. No ticket on file. So I just said ok and went about my business after that.

Yesterday I received a note saying I missed my court date and must pay the full fine+court fine which comes out to $900 so I called. They said they finally found the ticket and entered it. I said they never notified me. I felt they should have. They said they don't do that and the fine stands so I just called my lawyer and he's going to deal with it when he gets back into town.

So it isn't speeding or anything like that. A stupid registration sticker from Nov. 2006 that's just surfacing. However if I didn't pay the $900 my DL will not be renewed and there is a warrant currently standing. Since the lawyer is going after it can I wait for the final decision or do i have to tell them I could go to jail when I show up?

what do you have to tell them about your driving record? Currently my DL will not be renewed and I have a warrant issued. I was randomly pulled over (I live on the TX/Mexican border). I had just purchased my truck used and my credit union owned the title so they had to do the paperwork which took forever and caused me to go over on the registration date. Anywho I told them I had proof it had been paid for awhile back so they said it would just be a $10 dismissal fee. A few days later I called the court to get the mailing address because the DPS guy didn't give me a card with the info on it. They said they didn't have any ticket for me on file. I called back a few days later and same deal. No ticket on file. So I just said ok and went about my business after that.

Yesterday I received a note saying I missed my court date and must pay the full fine+court fine which comes out to $900 so I called. They said they finally found the ticket and entered it. I said they never notified me. I felt they should have. They said they don't do that and the fine stands so I just called my lawyer and he's going to deal with it when he gets back into town.

So it isn't speeding or anything like that. A stupid registration sticker from Nov. 2006 that's just surfacing. However if I didn't pay the $900 my DL will not be renewed and there is a warrant currently standing. Since the lawyer is going after it can I wait for the final decision or do i have to tell them I could go to jail when I show up?

I wouldn't hire you based on that information. I guess it's a good thing I don't do Skywest hiring, you're the second one today I wouldn't hire.

Hire

Hey Jim

Just curious why you would'nt you hire me. To much time? They have that quick upgrade to captain and the 121 PIC time would be nice.
Maybe they don't like experience.

Hey Jim

Just curious why you would'nt you hire me. To much time? They have that quick upgrade to captain and the 121 PIC time would be nice.
Maybe they don't like experience.

That's pretty much it. The stereotypical regional wants a guy with enough experience to be safe and pass training, but not so much time that they can leave easily. They want to get their training costs back. There are many airlines you could go to with that time, and I think they would be scared that you may not like it and leave.

Perhaps you should put on your resume Hrs 1200+? I dunno.

ToiletDuck, I believe they asked me about accidents and moving violations in the last 5 years (my memory is a little fuzzy, that may be off).

jim's profile may work for many airlines, but Skywest can be picky, and they know they can recruit from other airlines, ie, the more hours, the better. Heck, in their presentation, they brag about how they're considered a "major" by the DOT, and how they have a 10% attrition rate. They don't seem too worried about people "not liking it there."

By the way should I go in with any letters of recommendations? I primarily do IFS instruction for the airforce so I'd have to nail a Colonel to get one. :) unless letters from a few Captains would help. Do they have to be handwritten or could they be typed? Sometimes getting on the base is an issue since i"m not military and don't have an ID. I guess I could get one of my students to do it.

Do I have to attend one of those career fair / group interviews to get a call from skywestz? I'm still on active duty...
Anyone seriously considering SkyWest should go to a group interview. You'll go through the hiring process a lot faster. They get so many from the group sessions, not many get plucked from the online apps. Take the time and attend! I was in class 3 weeks later!

Latest resources

Back