• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Airlines Hiring First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have around 120ish inst. I meet the 135mins for everything. 570ish xc, night time is only 104.7, 1680 or something like that PIC, 50hrs twin turbine.
Can anyone give me an idea what a group interview is like? Is it just a quick meet and greet or do they sit you down, talk systems, IFR proceedures, ect?

In a nutshell

You sit down, watch a movie about the company, then get an interview date if you meet the minimums. It's pretty cut & dry. If you have part135 mins you definitely qualify.

http://www.skywest.com/careers/pilot/requirements.php

g

i'm not really sure what you're getting at... bottom line is if you really want the job then you'll make it happen. if you don't then you won't.

g

In a nutshell

You sit down, watch a movie about the company, then get an interview date if you meet the minimums. It's pretty cut & dry. If you have part135 mins you definitely qualify.

http://www.skywest.com/careers/pilot/requirements.php

g

Not always so, they may tell you to come back with 1500 hours or something. The whole point is to see if they want to interview you. If they see something they don't like, they'll tell you to try again later.

Not meeting minimums is obvious. If you've failed too many checkrides, been fired, have felonies/misdemeanors/violations/accidents on your record, etc, those might be disqualifying also.

Maybe I should delete the "might" for felonies and misdemeanors, nothing personal, they just can't get you into Canada with those on your record.

Group Interview

Looks like the group interview is the way to go. I did the online app 3 weeks ago and have not heard a thing

3700tt
850+ Multi
1200 PIC Turbine
270 IMC
750 Jet SIC

yada yada yada

No time to attend an openhouse

For what its worth

PS Not from one of those Pilot Factory schools

Looks like the group interview is the way to go. I did the online app 3 weeks ago and have not heard a thing

3700tt
850+ Multi
1200 PIC Turbine
270 IMC
750 Jet SIC

yada yada yada

For what its worth

Hey i'm not trying to bash you by any means but with those kind of times you could get a better job. Seems like i'll be going to a regional to get to where you're at.

Not always so, they may tell you to come back with 1500 hours or something. The whole point is to see if they want to interview you. If they see something they don't like, they'll tell you to try again later.

Not meeting minimums is obvious. If you've failed too many checkrides, been fired, have felonies/misdemeanors/violations/accidents on your record, etc, those might be disqualifying also.

Maybe I should delete the "might" for felonies and misdemeanors, nothing personal, they just can't get you into Canada with those on your record.
Do people normally take a driving record with them? Also do you see people having cover pages on the resume's and CVs or just the one page resume? If it's a CV they'd like I need to start putting one together.

3700tt
850+ Multi
1200 PIC Turbine
270 IMC
750 Jet SIC

yada yada yada

For what its worth

I wouldn't hire you for that job either.

Do people normally take a driving record with them? Also do you see people having cover pages on the resume's and CVs or just the one page resume? If it's a CV they'd like I need to start putting one together.
The driving record isn't required for the job fair, but they will ask you about it. If I remember correctly, they had me sign a document that basically said that any misrepresentation would be grounds for dismissal.

I saw a lot of guys putting one page resumes on the stack. I'd still bring a cover letter and LOR's to hand to the interviewer.

Latest resources

Back