• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Airlines Continues Coast to Coast Expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, you are an investor with $1M. SkyWest's net profit margin over the last 12 months was 5.00%. The current E-Trade savings account pays 5.05% with ZERO risk. Where would you put your money? A high risk airline, or a ZERO risk savings account?

A "token increase" tips the scales considerably...

SkyWest (or any airline for that matter) is lucky to have the investors they do. They could easily get a higher return elsewhere.

(http://finance.google.com/finance?q=SKYW)

That's not a valid argument Seeya. Let's assume your 5% net profit margin for Skywest. If I'm an institutional investor looking to "invest" (or perhaps the better term would be LOAN) Skywest money, I'm going to do FAR better than the 5% net margin the company earns. In fact, I'm going to charge Skywest MORE to loan them money if I feel their their stability is in doubt, no matter what their profit margins may be. And the institutional investor will have collateral to boot!! The only entity earning only 5% is Skywest Inc.

my fiancee took the first available upgrade to get his PIC time and CAN'T GET OFF IT FOR A YEAR!

Did you forget to mention that he probably got the upgrade just about a year from date of hire? Is he bothered about that as well?

Why don't you let him come on here and complain about it himself, instead of constantly bringing him up in your posts and speaking for him, or is that how it works with you two?

I have to start asking around to find out who is engaged to a chick pilot at UPS and have a word or two with him...

Let's not group all Skywest pilots in that group, especially the Bro guys. I can't imagine any Bro driver in their right mind voted for this joke pay proposal that gave the Bro guys nothing.

How about not including any Skywest pilots without SJS that have a brain?
Voted NO!

Last edited:
keep in mind that the brasilia fully loaded only carries 30 people..and its profitablity has a ceiling..its not cost effective to keep raising the brasilia's pay...i agree it sucks! but they can only be paid so much..first year pay is the same on both planes, and everyone has an opportunity to get off it

They wouldn't keep flying it, if it wasn't making money...maybe it's time to look into a replacement for an airplane thats made them money for 20 years, it isn't the pilots fault if management doesn't upgrade or change equipment if it becomes necessary to compete!

Okay, you are an investor with $1M. SkyWest's net profit margin over the last 12 months was 5.00%. The current E-Trade savings account pays 5.05% with ZERO risk. Where would you put your money? A high risk airline, or a ZERO risk savings account?

A "token increase" tips the scales considerably...

SkyWest (or any airline for that matter) is lucky to have the investors they do. They could easily get a higher return elsewhere.

(http://finance.google.com/finance?q=SKYW)

I guess you just didn't happen to notice the consistent operating margins of over 11%, and the return on average equity of over 14%... Or maybe you just don't understand how profitable SKYW really is, not just in comparison to other airlines but compared to pretty much any business!

keep in mind that the brasilia fully loaded only carries 30 people..and its profitablity has a ceiling..its not cost effective to keep raising the brasilia's pay...i agree it sucks! but they can only be paid so much..first year pay is the same on both planes, and everyone has an opportunity to get off it

Don't sweat it kid. I know you are a koolaid chugger now, but give it 10 years in this industry and you'll come around.

Did you forget to mention that he probably got the upgrade just about a year from date of hire? Is he bothered about that as well?

Why don't you let him come on here and complain about it himself, instead of constantly bringing him up in your posts and speaking for him, or is that how it works with you two?

I have to start asking around to find out who is engaged to a chick pilot at UPS and have a word or two with him...

I gave this chick a ride the other day (FAT to DEN). Her boyfriend is based in FAT (don't know him though).

No not superior pay just right up there with everyone else. Notice I didn't include bonus in either one. I'm simply backing up claims using hard data. I have no desire to be an industry leader in pay. Only competitive and right up there with everyone else.

Honestly, Who cares??? Go to a company you like roll the dice and see how it works out thats all you can do. Honestly i came to XJT because its a good company and I am from Houston. It has been a good ride so far. Company is good and i am looking at Upgrading close to the 2 year mark. Everyones story is going to be different. I know people at Skywest and they really enjoy it. Both are good companys. If i didnt get on at XJT i would have wanted to get on with Skywest.

Bottom line both are good companies. And Skywest right now has better bases hands down for most people that arent from CLE, EWR, Or IAH. But i hear we are getting some new bases soon!!;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back