SkyWest Airlines Continues Coast to Coast Expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Coast to coast expansion?
Is there any growth or expansion happening west of SLC?
I didn't think so.
It's a misleading headline that should read expansion in US midwest where the majority of Americans prefer not to live.
And before anyone slams me for saying that do your research and see what percentage of the US population lives within a hundred or so miles of either coast.
But just think. A bunch of junior FO's suffering from SJS will become captains in MKE because hardly anyone will want to move or commute there. Woohoo!!!

You're rubbing Salt in the wound, "BRO". And I can smell your wine and rotting cheese, and see your snobbish upturned nose from here. Thanks for the ride from FSD to ORD though. At least I don't have to beg for a ride on Goat Jets yet . . .

I gave this chick a ride the other day (FAT to DEN). Her boyfriend is based in FAT (don't know him though).

Aviation is indeed a small world...

No checking account is risk-free from an institutional investor standpoint--they don't necessarily earn money on the net margin. Assuming a one-time investment of $1m for the past three years (each year, week ending 27-29 Dec), your E-trade savings would have returned roughly $310,000; SkyWest (realized capital gains plus dividends) return would have been $684,516. Seems like SKYW a better institutional investment...

Bottom line both are good companies.

True to a point. The difference (pilotwise) is that others have fought for pay increases (Comair). Skywest pilots have just rode the coattails of others for better pay. Hide in the shadows with low pay and let others do the work for you. Classy. To top it all off, the RJ guys look like they sold the BRO folks down the river. Real standup move.

So what's the real problem? The pilots that choose to work there. ALL of them. I'm sorry, but you guys really are the problem. You went there in droves for the quick SJS upgrade. Then all of a sudden of your 'brothers' get assets transferred out of their company to yours. Then you guys have the audacity to say it's just business, and then brag about your pay. Thanks for being part of the problem.

If I was in charge over there, I'd make the ORD based guys fly trips out of MKE. Why not? It's not like the union will stop it, nor does anybody have the stones to make things right.

If you actually did some research you would find that XJT has Profit Sharing that paid 5% last year and probably the same (if not more) this year. ....seems like you are doing a good job of convincing yourself that Skywest is the best in the world and you have superior pay. Get a life.

I 'researched' by asking my 3 friends at XJT. they are all amazed at how much more $ we gross at SkyWest.

I 'researched' by asking my 3 friends at XJT. They are all amazed at how much more $ we gross at SkyWest.

Agreed! I have 2 friends at XJT and we went through our paychecks and came to the same conclusions and both of them have been working for XJT just a few months longer then I have been here.

I 'researched' by asking my 3 friends at XJT. they are all amazed at how much more $ we gross at SkyWest.

Amazed!!!:rolleyes: Probably not! Whos the tallest midget on the Short Bus??? Skynation is!!!!:beer:

"Research" Is only as good as who you ask!!!:cool:

I guess we gave up a little pay to have a commuter clause, an enforcable contract complete with a compliance commitee that comes to CP meetings with you, commutable 4 days, and no PBS - just to name a few things.

Just somone let me know if they need street captains to fill MKE.

Latest resources

Back