• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest 1st year W-2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm tired of this argument..."talking about money is..." unprofessional, wrong, and my personal favorite, "rude". Give me a flippin' break, people. We are adults...

I will make this one caveat: It may be in poor taste to flash the money all over a public forum...HOWEVER...if someone is flat out wrong about a certain annual pay(for instance at SkyWest...where I work)...I'm going to correct them. If it takes my W2 figure...so be it. If I am in poor taste...so be it. I will correct people if they are trying to come off all bad-"a" and know it all.

I'll tell you this. I made far more from New Jersey unemployment benefits than I did first year pay at Skywest. F'd up man!

I'm just glad my first year pay only lasted 7 months.

Unprofessional speaking of pay? How is this Mesa guy being unprofessional comparing pay? I recently interviewed with a financial firm, I asked how much the pay was. Is that unprofessional...I dont think so, and I got the job. We are professionals and we're also professionals with bills, if you have a problem "bragging" about how much you make when someone is trying to be accurately informed then dont offer to help them. Professionals dont talk about pay...please. Professionals shouldnt brag about pay especially when it is nothing to brag about, offering information to help someone that may possibly effect a decision or a contract negotiation is different.

gotta spool down after that rant....beer needed

Unprofessional speaking of pay? How is this Mesa guy being unprofessional comparing pay? I recently interviewed with a financial firm, I asked how much the pay was. Is that unprofessional...I dont think so, and I got the job. We are professionals and we're also professionals with bills, if you have a problem "bragging" about how much you make when someone is trying to be accurately informed then dont offer to help them. Professionals dont talk about pay...please. Professionals shouldnt brag about pay especially when it is nothing to brag about, offering information to help someone that may possibly effect a decision or a contract negotiation is different.

gotta spool down after that rant....beer needed

Better than I could have said it...beer would be good:)

1. If you are the person asking then people will think you are boorish. There is a difference between asking someone how many hours they are paid and asking how much, $, they make.

2. See one and figure it out on one of the web sites.

3. Don't go to a party and start asking pleople how much they make is a good start.

We were discussing contracts. Pay is a large portion of that contract. The dollar amount never even came up. Sorry for trying to be informed. I hope your monical didn't fall into your brandy snifter.

The post of 13K is someone who didn't work much or try to work his schedule. I made 20K my first year (6 yrs ago) plus per diem on top of that. I never killed myself working extra just the occasional trip. Second year on the RJ I made $50K so it gets better. I was pretty good at trading trips around and manipulating my schedule for better pay. Hope the info helps.

So what---it is tacky and unprofessional to post on a forum what your W-2 says. Besides.... if you wanted to just make up some b.s. and throw it out there you can (i.e. I grossed $32k 1st year at Skywest---I don't even work at SkyW). Then you just create problems. That "my fiancee took home more than a UPS pilot on 1st year pay" is a good example. I don't know of many UPS pilots posting there W-2 information on flightinfo. In fact.... I just did a search and came up with nothing... so that guy is comparing his fiancee's pay without knowing the "soft time"

What's the point other than to cause a bunch of frustration and some arguments about Skywest sucks, Mesa sucks, Gojet Sucks, Expressjet Sucks, Air Wisconsin Sucks, Republic Sucks, Colgan Sucks, Big Sky Sucks, Freedom sucks, etc.

So---go to another thread! Some of us have to pay our own bills and don't have a silver spoon in our mouth. Everyone knows the pay anywhere is low, but having some knowledge of what you can expect to make at least helps you plan your finances. Tacky??? Who's making the etiquette rules? It's called CRM in the cockpit. Do you make blind leaps of faith? Give me good information, I can make good decisions based on the information.

Don't forget, in Utah, there is about a 7% state tax on direct earnings! That's something you need to know also!

Latest resources

Back