• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest 1st year W-2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Einstein....first of all, I am not a "guy". My fiancee's take home (with per diem and higher than guarantee credit which I include in total pay) was around $900 every two weeks. My take home from UPS was $580 every two weeks. So please tell me, isn't $580 less than $900? In my book of math, it is. If you want me to post my W2 info, I will. I don't see what the big deal is with telling someone how much you make or asking someone for that matter. Who gives a $hit?

Ohhh it all makes sense now moron. Lets compare our pay loading trucks at UPS to flying planes at SkyWest. Why didn't I see that. Lets compare flying planes to loading boxes onto a truck.

Ohhh it all makes sense now moron. Lets compare our pay loading trucks at UPS to flying planes at SkyWest. Why didn't I see that. Lets compare flying planes to loading boxes onto a truck.

Ok, oh great one....since I am obviously too stupid to compare THE SAME F***ING THING:

Skywest PILOT first year 2 week check net: $900

UPS PILOT first year 2 week check net: $580

Please explain it to me.

Hey gang. Just curious if anyone would like to share their first year w-2 numbers from Skywest.

Also, what kind of premiums, if any, do they have for extra flying etc.

If you don't feel comfortable posting a solid number, on average, how many hours doyou log a month (jet or turbo)

Cheers

True professionals don't talk about how much they make.

Ok, oh great one....since I am obviously too stupid to compare THE SAME F***ING THING:

Skywest PILOT first year 2 week check net: $900

UPS PILOT first year 2 week check net: $580

Please explain it to me.
So you arrived at this conclusion based on one pay check?
First year UPS FO $33 an hour, 81 hour gaurntee.
First year Skywest FO $19 an hour, 75 hour gaurntee.
The math just dosent add up. I think that a first year UPS FO will make much more than a SKW FO.

Last edited:
So you arrived at this conclusion based on one pay check?
First year UPS FO $33 an hour, 81 hour gaurntee.
First year Skywest FO $19 an hour, 75 hour gaurntee.
The math just dosent add up. I think that a first year UPS FO will make much more than a SKW FO.

No, I arrived at this conclusion based on paychecks our entire first year. It was consistent with what I said before for an entire year.
I said that he made over guarantee plus per diem. I sat on reserve, hardly ever flew, therefore got only guarantee and no per diem. IMO, per diem and time over guarantee factor into total pay.

Time over counts towards actual pay, but in no way does per-diem.

Latest resources

Back