• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway's last day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
However, I'm just dissapointed we didn't get to ferry them anywhere, I was looking forward to flying it in a tshirt, shorts and flip-flops. Oh well.

Dude, what's stopping you? What are they gonna do - fire you ????

Attire

You think anyone would notice (right away) Chuck Tayor Allstars in black and white? That was always a fantasy of mine, going to work in those...

Yeah, that plane really only did a handful of things well, but one of them was to climb like a rocket powered bat out of hell.
Personal best was 4500 fpm off the runway and 8200 fpm enroute...
Any word on what Skyway's going to do with the ones they own? I heard from the guys at Myrtle Beach that they were selling refurbished 328 jets for 3-4 million a year or to back when I went to pick up one of ACA's planes from there. Can't touch a Citation CJ2 for that price... I am surprised it never made a bigger impact as a corporate aircraft.

On an empty leg out of CLE I made 10,000 in 1:36. Personal best for me. And the VSI pegs at 9900, or so I hear. ;-) We hadn't had the 328's very long at this point and CLE Departure came back and asked if that was normal for the 328. I said "Yeah pretty much." He replied, "That's pretty dang cool." It was a pretty good laugh. Great memories at SYX.:beer:

Last edited:
The only thing I never liked- the two-engine go around.

PF- Go around, max power, flaps 20
PNF- Uh, ASAP
PF- Huh?
PNF- Uh, we're at 5, we were cleared to 3, and that loud noise is us doing 220 with the flaps down.
PF- @#$%

I remember this from the SIM... the instructor laughed his a$$ off and said that everyone does it at least once...

Skyway

So,

For those that know me, you'll know it's 'really' me when I tell you right now I'm having my second 40 of Miller High Life in honor of Skyway Airlines. Anything interesting go down today? Shower from Crash/Fire/Rescue? Formal apology for screwing all of Skyway by that cockbag Hoeksema?

I, too, had to raise my farewell toast at a remote location. MKE today just wasn't in the cards. I have only been gone a couple of weeks and really miss the crew and all the great folks at ESC, MBL, IWD -- everybody. What a great bunch of folk!

Yes, farewell to Skyway and best of luck to everyone looking for a new job now. I did 5+ years there and just got out last fall.

The way Hoeksema & co set that perfectly good little airline up to fail over the last few years was one of the sh!ttiest things I've ever witnessed in this sh!tty business. Makes my stomach turn.

Latest resources

Back