• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyways Big Announcement Next Week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Couldn't have said it any better Propsync. I think I may show up and ask that very question. Somehow I don't see them warming up to the fact that Skyway Captains would be senior to most MKE based Captains for Skywest though. If they have a problem with it they can go grieve it with their union.

Oh, wait...

Why bother applying then?

Bye Bye Skyway

I was one of the original Skyway hires back in the day when we were empoyed by Mesa and ME had a code share with Mesa. I was hired by Astral when they dumped Mesa. I was very thankful to get out of Mesa and work for Astral. As much as things change, they stay the same. Nothing seemed to really be that much better at Astral. The best part of the whole experience was indeed all the great people I worked with at Skyway. Skyway is just another casualty in the never ending saga of the airline industry like Eastern, Pan Am, Midway, Braniff,
TWA etc. Good luck to all.
SAT

I am a former Skyway guy myself. The memories I have of my time in the 1900 are insurmountable.

Good luck to you all, and "thanks for the memories..."

-B1900FO

Former SYX'er here...keep your chins up and your "moons" faced toward Timmy!

Great memories from 9/99 to 9/05 guys! Can't keep up with all your screen names, but I (like everyone else) definitely know who Tuna is! Nice attitude Tuna, you are truly one of the best posts I have seen in response to this! Good luck to all in wherever you head from here...(I hope you will live when they disconnect the blue juice tube!). If you wanna come fly Hawkers in Connecticut, give me a PM.

Jimmy Stewart (Holy Hell! I'm putting my real name out here...what a dumba@@)

Hi!

USA Jet is looking for pilots. CASS and JS agreement with NWA, so it's easy to commute to DTW/YIP from WI. It's a pretty good gig here.

PM me with email for detailed info.

Good luck and God Bless!

cliff
YIP (live GRB)

PS-Go to the Airtran open house-it is DEFNITELY better than USA Jet.

It is an interesting twist, that while we do not have a 'legally binding' contract per the RLA, SkyWest lawyers are (lately--I mean the last 2-3 months) advising SkyWest management our PM is indeed a contract, and management is becoming less willing (I think) to act divergent to stated procedure. With that mindset, management not wanting to risk legal action MAY stick to its terms in the future, which would suggest some sort of normalcy and predictability. I realize the union purists will emphasize we didn't 'vote' in the PM, but that really just sustains a rhetorical mindset if the current interpretation becomes sustained.

When, and if, you get hired and you don't get your DOH integration [a 99.99% certainty--no precedent], be advised you are still free to grieve it to whomever represents the guys/gals at SkyWay.

I don't think you are going to find many Skyway'ers moving over to SkyWest. Bout half of the list will end up at AirTran, Compass or Mesaba. Most places are letting us get seniority dates at their company (SkyWest included) and finishing out at Skyway til the doors close.

When, and if, you get hired and you don't get your DOH integration [a 99.99% certainty--no precedent], be advised you are still free to grieve it to whomever represents the guys/gals at SkyWay.

I believe that's incorrect. One that quits Skyway to go to Skywest would never be entitled to grieve under the pilot agreement at Skyway. That person is acting on their own freewill. If Skyway was merged with the aircraft, I think the Mohawk/Alleghany merger takes precedent. Rez or PCL, or anyone else but me might know better.

BTW- If Skywest were to give DOH to those at Skyway, it would show at the very least compassion for others in the profession. It wouldn't be much, as the Skyway group is small, and many captains wouldn't leave to start at the bottom at another regional anyway.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back