• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyways Big Announcement Next Week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just want to tell the people that are bagging on the Skywest boys to take their heads out of their asses and quit breathing the methane. The real villians here are Midwest management! Be angry with the right folks. On a better note. I want to say that I have enjoyed flying with, and training alot of good people here. This isn't the end of the world.... Just the begining of a good drunk! And you can qoute me on that one.

This whole thing stinks and it ain't tuna. Tuna has this right.

The "hometown airline" just screwed a bunch of people...and Timmy still gets to keep the f-ing cookies!

Horse droppings

This is the sort of crap we joked about at Skyway, but never the sort of thing we thought might actually happen. My heart goes out to all you folks at Skyway- it was the people I worked with there that made the place a lot of fun to work for. Midwest has struck again, I'm afraid.
If anyone out there that's flown with me wants a LOR for an AirTran app, PM me and I'd be glad to help.

Captain Jerky

Who cares about Skyway and the mormon conspiracy,gees, don't you know its going to snow in ATL tommorrow. Think about all the poor rednecks and there tin shacks with dirt floors. Have you even thought of the possibility of a Budweiser shortage...It's too horrible to think about.

Best of luck to all my former co-workers at Skyway. You've got to try and believe this will ultimately lead to something better for most of those hardworking people. God bless.

To the men and women that still work for Skyway I'm sorry to hear about the recent news that Skyway will be no more. I flew for Skyway for over six years and in that time I met and flew with some really great people. We were more than just coworkers I felt that we were a family. I spent more time with some people then I did with my own family. We lived together, we welcomed new babies, stood next to each other at weddings, and we partied. We also comforted each other though times of sorrow. Some of us retired, and others simply moved on. But we never forgot where it was that we came from.
I 'm proud that I got to fly and share my life with so many of you, and to call myself a Skyway pilot.
Good luck to everyone, I would be happy to write letters of recommendation to any and all who ask.
HP

Last edited:
Good luck to all my Skyway friends out there, sorry to hear the bad news but I am sure you will do much better in the long run.

I also agree with the others, its not Skywest fault, its all on Midwest management shoulders.

Well, guys/gals. It's been an absolute pleasure working with each and every one of you here at Skyway, I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity.

I guess I still have an upgrade class next monday, so if they feel like they still want to pay for my type, well, I'm not going to turn it down. I'll be here till the doors close....

See ya in ops....
Jeff

I have posted twice today and I have to admit that I have a very good PM to return. I usually don't post unless it is a great smart assed comment. (Just the kind of person I am).
The following is a true Charlie moment:
I have gotten my ass chewed by my fiance and also watched some local newscasts featuring people I have flown with and trained. I have always been known to talk more sh*t than a japanese radio station. This one time I wont.
I will truly miss those that I have flown with here. I will also miss most of those that I trained (except the peckerheads...you know who you are). I am a bit heartbroken about losing what I have sunk some pride into. Most I would give a good hug to in public. I am Tuna and you know I would hump your leg for a good laugh!
If you are doing any upgrade training. I will still give you the best I can do. I owe any pilot the best I can deliver even if I am a bit bummed. (If you are Jeff, my step-son owes Jenny a dollar).
I will miss you all. See you on a different line. Call my fiance and tell her it's not that bad. Until then, let's enjoy a cold one.

the black hole that is Skywest has claimed another victim. should have seen that coming when they started.

if SKYW management had a heart, and if skyway management had a pair it would have negotiated an integration much like Shuttle America had with Chautauqua.....namely captains sent 1 to 1 to the lower-middle of the list and F/O's all together and lower.

to the skyw 65%, enjoy that midget raise.

Latest resources

Back