Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Yudso

Takin' it like a man
Does anyone know for a fact what is going on at skyway? Will the delta deal take place? Do the ERJ orders represent growth or are they just replacing the dojets? Thanks for any information you might have.

its most definitely growth....we are getting the 30 DOJets from ACA at some point..although ive heard that the start date was put off till Jan. becuase of ACA's not maintaining the aircraft and thats how long it will take to get them into shape...but the ERJ's are new orders to supplant and replace the 1900's when they go out the door in the next couple of years..hope this helps..

On Google news do a search on skyway and delta. The first article is how Skyway is working to get the 30 D328 jets and a new paint job flying the delta colors. The deal is in the works and will contain some sort of chapter 11 safety net if delta files. I can not find any info on ERJ orders or prospects within public news. Good thing is that the news article stated that 10 people would be needed per new airplane! Also check out the companies investment profile, Skyway is up about 13% in revenue from last year and also recieved numerous awards!!!!

I am not a "pylot" for them, but I do have an interview with them in a few weeks and can't wait to learn more about the company and hopefully get a job with them.

Take care and safe flying,
Justino

See everyone?

There is no shortage of people willing to fly even at the skyway wage.

This just proves to every other aviation employer that they will have staffed flight decks, no matter what they pay.

Oh, and I wouldn't wait for a pilot shortage to push that pay up any time soon, if at all, in your lifetimes.

Unbelievable.

Wow good to know that people in the industry compair their $ to other companies $s'. In the grand picture, I am happy to fly and get paid for it, I don't expect to make any $ until I am a captain at the majors, which will be a long ways away. I would suggest that people who read this post leave their negative views on the side and realize that some people will fly for food cause they have a real passion for it. Unlike some people who have been embittered by the career and its pay, flying is still the best job in the world. I would suggest that if people don't like the pay, then go work a desk job and get used to your next upgrade being a window and then maybe a few vaction days....

All in all pleae don't forget, to be flying-- not matter what airplane, is the best thing around. And yes Skyway has planes and they may not pay as good as your airline, so let it be,,, its not YOUR airline. Enjoy your job and don't rip on other peoples!

Safe flying

logjammer said:
See everyone?

There is no shortage of people willing to fly even at the skyway wage.

This just proves to every other aviation employer that they will have staffed flight decks, no matter what they pay.

Oh, and I wouldn't wait for a pilot shortage to push that pay up any time soon, if at all, in your lifetimes.

Unbelievable.
What about the Skyway wage? I fly a 32 seat RJ for slightly less than ACA does,do I hear you bemoaning that? Do I hear you saying "wow" you guys didn't kiss it to get growth and yet you still make more than Mesa's 1900 drivers.http://www.airlinepilotpay.com/mesa/mesa.htm Mesa
http://www.airlinepilotpay.com/skyway/skyway.htm Skyway

Jobear

Last edited:
I am happy to fly and get paid for it, I don't expect to make any $ until I am a captain at the majors, which will be a long ways away. I would suggest that people who read this post leave their negative views on the side and realize that some people will fly for food cause they have a real passion for it. All in all pleae don't forget, to be flying-- not matter what airplane, is the best thing around. And yes Skyway has planes and they may not pay as good as your airline, so let it be,,, its not YOUR airline. Enjoy your job and don't rip on other peoples!
So an expectation of getting paid well in a professional career is a negative view on the side?

The last time I checked, most professions don't reach a high wage right out of the gate. How long does it take a doctor to make a decent salary? My point is that Skyway or Comair or any other regional out there is not the brass ring everyone is going for. The goal is to get on with an airline that suits you. Regional airline pay has always been low, and as long as the regionals are a stepping stone to bigger and better things, that will not change.

Latest resources

Back