Skyway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CL600Pilot,

What is the general level of experience that you've seen interview at Skyway? Is there anyway to figure out your standing in the pool?

Yudso said:
CL600Pilot,

What is the general level of experience that you've seen interview at Skyway? Is there anyway to figure out your standing in the pool?
We run the gambit during interviews from furloughed UAL and DAL to flight intructors so we do have a wide sampling of pilots. Don't be cocky,but be sure of yourself. Be PREPARED.

Jobear

Pool

No way to know where you stand in the pool. You are assigned a number and then they take from the top.

FN FAL - I have asked this of you before, Why do you hate Skyway?

JUSTINO - Good for you, stay happy, hopefully I will get you for the next 5 day I have. It would be refreshing over the traditional whine-a-thon. Actually, in all seriousness, many (or the majority) of crewmembers like their job and really dont whine. Remember you can fly your 75 hours a month lovin life or as a miserable turd, you might as well be lovin life.

GP

Thanks

Believe me I am SO happy just to interview! I can't wait to fly for Skyway!!!

I will let you all know how I did. Any PAIFA guys or gals or U of I people on here?

Justino

Yes, looking in from the outside the job is fun. When you get into it, you will realize more of the demands and how you may not be properly compensated for your hard skilled work. And God forbid, you ever want to start a family and have anyone depend on you...but it is a fun job most of the time.

I interviewed recently with Skyway and haven't heard back yes or no yet. It's true about the points method; they assign points based on your strengths, and then pull the highest scorers first for employment offers and class dates. I have also heard that the date for the Delta deal was pushed to January (don't know if that's a go-live date, or a signing date).

I am dying to hear one way or the other. This was my first airline interview, and they made it enjoyable (as much as a stressful interview can be). The interviewers were very comfortable with each other and joking around, so that helped. I hope to get the chance to fly for them. The money is bad for all first airline jobs. After you make captain it's livable. I always work side jobs to keep my wife/house, so I'll do it still as an airline pilot too.

Skyway is like most other companies (aviation and non-aviation) - we have our problems. BUT, the pilot group is very good and go out of their way to help each other - from senior CA's to junior FO's, it doesn't matter the experience level.

Greenpickle is right - many, if not most, do enjoy their jobs. I'd rather work for a smaller company with great people than be a number at a larger company and work with difficult people.

Remember, attitude is everything! Keep a positive attitude and you'll do well!

Peace

SF

captain caveman said:
you will realize more of the demands and how you may not be properly compensated for your hard skilled work.
For the most part, I work harder at my part-time office job than I do flying. There are times, especially during bad weather or flying into congested airports, where flying can be work.

But flying still beats sitting in a office cube and staring at a computer eight hours a day, going to yet another mindless meeting.

The movie "Office Space" was closer to reality than most people, in aviation, realize.

Peace

SF

Justino

It is actually refreshing to see someone who is not all pissed off and is looking forward to flying. Even if it is Skyway. I spent nearly 5 years at SYX and can say you'll have a great time and be soooooo far in debt when you leave it'll make you wonder if it was all worth it. Half full or empty, it depends on what day you ask me but I do miss working there.... Good luck!

And no U of I, only boilermakers........:)

-TC

I can't wait to start. It looks like the October classes are all full, but hopefully I'll get the call for a November class. Sounds like a great place to work. Hopefully nothing will change with the Delta deal before I get there. Just out of curiousity, which base would you prefer, MKE or CVG?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back