Skyway Hiring!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't quote on me on any of this.....

but when I was there, though it was long ago, they assigned seniority in the newhire class by putting numbers in a hat and having everyone pick out their seniority. They didn't have the jets back then so we all knew we were on the 1900, which is one of the best airplanes I've ever flown. I think now you bid you choice....but I'm not sure.....I'm sure a current SYX'er could be of more assistance. Great group of pilots there....had a blast flying with all those guys and gals! Good luck!

hat trick

Yep. The high tech hat procedure is still the method. If this next class is indeed a split, as posted above, slots are filled by senoirity with your equipment bid preference. That means the new hires should know within a few days of class starting.

Good luck

I am not sure but both airplanes have had new hires before and everything seemed to go smooth. When I went through I had the 1900. For the most part it was painless.

Good luck on the interview.

just got back from the sim @ lga. skyway was suing the 1900 sim as was commutair quite a bit. don't know if commutair was upgrades/pc checks/new hires but they had basically 4 sessions a day for at least two weeks.

I would say to bid whatevery you want, not what you think you will get. Skyway has an excellent training department and all of the instructors are willing to spend as much extra time with anyone as long as they see that you are working hard and want to succeed. I bid the Beech only because it seemed as if the jet guys would be sitting reserve longer than the 1900 guys. I thought I would be able to move up the Beech FO seniority list quicker than the 328 list, which would lead to better schedules. This is exactly what happened, and I am happy with my decision. However, things change within a company and some pilots may no longer agree with this. Know what is going on with the company and bid according to what is important to you. Talk to the instructors or other Skyway pilots to see what their opinions are. Don't ask them what they would do, but see if you can pick their mind to make a more informed decision.

Let us know how the interview went!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info and things to think about before I go in there. I'll keep everybody informed on what happens.

FD75:cool:

Latest resources

Back