• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway/Delta deal not happening..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This stupid rumor about the Chinese buying those Dorks has been going around since day one. Delta is just waiting to see if they can force ACA into Chapter 11, or 7. ACA still has responsibilities with those leases so why would DAL want to make life easier on a competitor? I honestly don't think DAL even wants these aircraft, but after as much money as they have dumped into SYX, They might just bite the bullet and go with it. (pipe dream, I know)

Green Pickle, I didn't mean to say that there was anything wrong with Skyway, and it isn't my 16th choice, I may have been exaggerating a little bit. I have some good friends who work there, and they are happy, but I am just glad that I got hired by XJET. In "my opinion" I think that I would be happier at XJET. How is that. And as far as what I heard about the Delta deal...maybe your jive is fresher than mine...if it is, then. I am just trying to give some useful information to the good people who visit this website. And Skyway does have some good qualities, such as the fast upgrade time. I hope that I don't ever have to sit right seat to you when you are having a bad day.

bg1686
I don't know anything about the fast upgrade, but in the 3 weeks I spent at SYX I met some of the best people in the Industry. I would love the opportunity to go back.

bg1686 said:
Green Pickle, I didn't mean to say that there was anything wrong with Skyway, and it isn't my 16th choice, I may have been exaggerating a little bit. I have some good friends who work there, and they are happy, but I am just glad that I got hired by XJET. In "my opinion" I think that I would be happier at XJET. How is that. And as far as what I heard about the Delta deal...maybe your jive is fresher than mine...if it is, then. I am just trying to give some useful information to the good people who visit this website. And Skyway does have some good qualities, such as the fast upgrade time. I hope that I don't ever have to sit right seat to you when you are having a bad day.

What kind of response were you expecting? You don't even work here at Skyway yet profess to have insider knowledge of our plans, based solely on a supposed "personal" friendship with management. Your information is erroneous at best. Delta is holding up the deal, not Skyway. Additionally, no one in management has officially announced any kind of "contingency" plan in the event we don't finalize an agreement with Delta. Midwest and Skyway continue to focus on signing an agreement with Delta. If that doesn't happen, I'm confident options have been discussed. There are internal factors involved, which I will NOT discuss here, that may come into play.

As an aside, I can understand why GP is grumpy. The Beech pilots are working far harder than the jet pilots since the jet is far overstaffed right now. I'd be grumpy too if I had to hand-fly an airplane for 8-10 legs a day with no more than 12 days off a month.

Peace

SF

"As an aside, I can understand why GP is grumpy. The Beech pilots are working far harder than the jet pilots since the jet is far overstaffed right now. I'd be grumpy too if I had to hand-fly an airplane for 8-10 legs a day with no more than 12 days off a month."

Call me twisted but man do I miss those days!!!!!!!

-TC

Shadow Flight,

Twelve days off!!! I wish. BTW, contractually we are limited to 8 legs a day. Don’t everybody get all worked up based on opinions you read on Flightinfo. Fun to read yes, but don’t put too much stock in it.

We have a pilot who owns an fbo and a charter operation. He operates emb-120's and tried to purchase some of the 328's from Delta. Yes Delta owns the airplanes. The person at Delta who deals with the sale of the 328's whom also is the person the emb120's were purchased from, told us that the 328's were going to China.

For what that is worth.

Waco

Fallingbrick said:
Shadow Flight,

Twelve days off!!! I wish. BTW, contractually we are limited to 8 legs a day. Don’t everybody get all worked up based on opinions you read on Flightinfo. Fun to read yes, but don’t put too much stock in it.

Dude,

You're right - I should know better to respond. I don't put much stock in anything read here but sometimes, ya know??? :D

Peace

SF

Management admitted to being interested in about 10 Aircraft if the deal falls through. Some memo released addresses this, anybody who still works there got it?

-TC

Latest resources

Back