Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
August!?

metroplex said:
new date is august. skyway mechanics are doing c checks on the aircraft as we speak. delta does not want the planes, but if they have to keep them the company that is going to fly them is skyway.

it seems that delta is trying to not accept the planes due to the bad conditions they are in, so skyway mx is in myrtle beach to see if delta would have a reason for not accepting trashed aircraft.

So we have come full circle. Management was talking about this deal starting in August all along….of 2004. What a rollercoaster. Metroplex, do you know if all of these rumored jets are suppose to be online in August or is this the start date for delivery?

Last edited:
I heard 5 planes in Aug. and then 5 each month after. Also something might be something announced on March 2. Someone did the #'s and we are only over staffed by 4 crews. Maybe a class next month or 90 day from 2 weeks ago. There are 1000's of rumors. Who knows what true. Well there is one guy going to XJT on the 7th so I move up a #. Lets just hope the deal goes through...

Props

start in august, but not all jets. skyway should be flying all jets by 12/31/05.I guess there is no pushback this time, either august or nothing.

metroplex said:
start in august, but not all jets. skyway should be flying all jets by 12/31/05.I guess there is no pushback this time, either august or nothing.

do you mean some of the jets will be in CVG in August and then we will get them monthly till December?
Can't wait to go to Cincinatti!

With this new schedule there is the plan for new hires to come into the Beech in May. Sounds like it will be the standard class of 20 including very few if any of the furloughed 20 that were in ground school in November. It sounds like many of those furloughed have other airline jobs now. Good for them.

What I have a hard time understanding is the FOs currently with Skyway that have only been here a couple of months that are bailing to other regionals. Skywest, Xjet, and Pinnacle are all great places to work I'm sure but they're still just regionals. You're really just talking about going from the bottom of one seniority list to the bottom of another. Maybe some of these guys only wanted Skyway for the quick upgrade. Maybe they didn't want to live in Milwaukee and couldn't handle the commute. Maybe they were just trying to be proactive because they thought for sure they would be furloughed. If Skywest, Xjet, and Pinnacle were where they wanted to be all along then why didn't they just go there in the first place? I wish these people lots of luck and hold no ill will but I do feel like they should have at least seen this thing through. Explaining what may be viewed by a future interviewer as a lateral move can be difficult.

WillFlyFoCookie said:
What I have a hard time understanding is the FOs currently with Skyway that have only been here a couple of months that are bailing to other regionals.
Maybe some of these guys only wanted Skyway for the quick upgrade. Maybe they didn't want to live in Milwaukee and couldn't handle the commute. Maybe they were just trying to be proactive because they thought for sure they would be furloughed. If Skywest, Xjet, and Pinnacle were where they wanted to be all along then why didn't they just go there in the first place?

WFFC,
Thanks for the avtar boost I tried another one but it won't work with the SIZE restriction.

As far as bailing goes I'm usally a pretty loyal if whinny employee, I too see no real benny of a lateral move except pay. But they knew the pay when they hired on, look at all the people that stayed with SKYX after all the ups & downs of the previous couple of years.
I for one would not want to be sitting in an interview and be asked why you stayed at XYZ for only 6-10 months, no way justify that. Another problem I have is that SKYX paid alot of monies to train these people only to see them bail as plans changed(again I am a bit of a loyalist). I am not a huge fan of the training contract but it would seem to save alot of hassel for "A" company to atleast recoup some of the exhorbadent cost of training, insurance, uniforms, and background checks(feds don't pay for that the company does).

Jesus I guess I ought to shut up now, and remember kiddies lower the lid for the next user ;).

Jobear the unwise

people leaving

I have to say I agree that people should have stayed to see what was going to happen. Especially since the checks were never late and they always cashed. Although, (not defending those people), I know a few that left and it seemed to be more of a leave now and avoid the furlough later. Some just got caught up in the negative rumors and took that as fact. I also know a few that just couldn't handle the thought of being on reserve and flying 7hrs a month when other companies are expanding at a rapid rate and they can leave to go fly 80-90 hrs a month. The bad thing is that NO ONE ever released any information that was positive or at least the truth. It was all just speculation and rumor.
I wish them the best of luck but it is hard to make an informed decision without the facts

Stay on the painkillers

jobear said:
WFFC,
Thanks for the avtar boost I tried another one but it won't work with the SIZE restriction.

As far as bailing goes I'm usally a pretty loyal if whinny employee, I too see no real benny of a lateral move except pay. But they knew the pay when they hired on, look at all the people that stayed with SKYX after all the ups & downs of the previous couple of years.
I for one would not want to be sitting in an interview and be asked why you stayed at XYZ for only 6-10 months, no way justify that. Another problem I have is that SKYX paid alot of monies to train these people only to see them bail as plans changed(again I am a bit of a loyalist). I am not a huge fan of the training contract but it would seem to save alot of hassel for "A" company to atleast recoup some of the exhorbadent cost of training, insurance, uniforms, and background checks(feds don't pay for that the company does).

Jesus I guess I ought to shut up now, and remember kiddies lower the lid for the next user ;).

Jobear the unwise

Jobear - the more pain medication that you take the more sense you make. :)

Hey Joe!

You know on the side of your pill bottle where it says "alcohol may intensify the effects of this medication"......

That's not a a warning, it's a suggestion :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back