SKYW, Inc Q3 2012 Results - $20M Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Negotiations? Bahahahahaha

You are stuck on five years just to make a silly point. My ONLY point is, why should we agree to anything concessionary for 5, 10, 20 years or whatever instead of keeping our current contract? I don't really get why a non-union dispatcher even gets in the middle of pilots dirty laundry anyway. You have nothing better to do than to poke your nose in other people's business? I mean really? Really?

Yup, tough to imagine huh? Us non-union people actually negotiating our wages with management, which we do every three years. Doesn't cost me one dime.

Again, I don't care. Current contract sounds good to me. Case closed.

Which is exactly how JA wanted it. Again, your bottom line doesn't affect ours, so I don't care. We get paid well, get great bonus checks, benefits on five major carriers, and respected industry-wide. What have you got?

Umm they have cool ID's that tell the ladies at the local bar they are PILOTS... Didnt you see Top Gun?

Just know Clutch doesn't speak for ASA pilots. How would he know if someone made $300,000? Should the Expressjet pilots apologize for not taking more of a cut? BTW I guarantee the only reason we are making money is because of the contract signed with United. Who does that flying? I am ASA and I am totally with the Epressjet pilots. Clutch sounds just like Obama spreading hate and making stuff up while pandering to the ignorant. Come with a real arguement. When you start calling names it just shows how you are out of ideas and or have no intelligence. The only way things get done is to meet in the middle. Goes for the country, a succesful marriage and our pilot groups. I love tough guys who make anonymous posts calling names without consequence. Add something useful or close your pie hole. It's like this, "well what are your ideas?" "Your a dick!" Where does that get us? Sounds like the debate were Romney makes an articulate arguement and Obama says "not true Governor." twenty times. Criticizing is not a plan!!

Which is exactly how JA wanted it. Again, your bottom line doesn't affect ours, so I don't care. We get paid well, get great bonus checks, benefits on five major carriers, and respected industry-wide. What have you got?

You sound so naive. You don't get paid because of benevolence. You provide a service, a service your employer REQUIRES, and I'm sure you provide your service with great quality. That is why you get compensated. Not because JA or anyone else is Santa Clause on pay day. Trust me, if they felt they could pay you $5 less and have an effective service, they most certainly would. Bottom line right? That's what you said, the bottom line.

Yup, tough to imagine huh? Us non-union people actually negotiating our wages with management, which we do every three years. Doesn't cost me one dime.

Again, I don't care. Current contract sounds good to me. Case closed.

I wasn't laughing about negotiations. I was laughing because you need leverage in order to negotiate and you don't have much. Didn't you just say that other employees are being asked for pay cuts? NOOOO, I'm sure that doesn't include your work group. I'm sure that your new pay and work rules will be way more than cost neutral. Yeah right. Cost neutral is what they want for the XJT pilots, which would be concessionary. So for you guys, if you could chose to stay with your current pay or take a concession, and you actually had the legal choice to do so (unlike at-will employees), which would you chose?

I'm just going off what our union reps tell us. I'm on their side and I'm ready to end this constant bickering and get a new contract. The xjt guys are being unreasonable dicks.

I'm just going off what our union reps tell us. I'm on their side and I'm ready to end this constant bickering and get a new contract. The xjt guys are being unreasonable dicks.

So you are just a parrot. Gotcha, that explains why you cannot answer the simple question.

So you are just a parrot. Gotcha, that explains why you cannot answer the simple question.

I'm a line pilot. Not a parrot. I talk to my reps. They say you guys are prepared to burn the place down before accepting pbs or anything less than an unreasonable contract. Continue to use your numbers against us; I will continue to call you what you are.

I wasn't laughing about negotiations. I was laughing because you need leverage in order to negotiate and you don't have much. Didn't you just say that other employees are being asked for pay cuts? NOOOO, I'm sure that doesn't include your work group. I'm sure that your new pay and work rules will be way more than cost neutral. Yeah right. Cost neutral is what they want for the XJT pilots, which would be concessionary. So for you guys, if you could chose to stay with your current pay or take a concession, and you actually had the legal choice to do so (unlike at-will employees), which would you chose?

Oh, you worked in the SkyWest OCC before? I guess you would know more than I would then.

Latest resources

Back