• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW, Inc Q3 2012 Results - $20M Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You already have a concessionary contract that you agreed to, Steven. You have a captain that made $300 thousand last year because of it. Great for him, but very unreasonable.

Seriously, $300,000 for real? How is that even possible??:confused:

Seriously, $300,000 for real? How is that even possible??:confused:

You'd have to ask Steven, I don't follow their contract, but it has something to do with being able to drop trips and pick up premium open time trips at 200%.

Concessionary my ass.

Of course you are. You're a senior lifer.

I've been here 7 years and not planning on being a lifer. But my point being is that those aircraft leaving when their 15 and 15.5 year leases expire were part of the original CPA CAL wrote when they spun off COEX in 2002, it was part of the amended CPA in 2008, and part of the new CPA in 2010 when Skywest bought us. In all cases, we've known those aircraft will leave when their leases begin to expire next year. It would be true if Skywest wouldn't have bought us. Hence why I said it was status quo.

You'd have to ask Steven, I don't follow their contract, but it has something to do with being able to drop trips and pick up premium open time trips at 200%.

Concessionary my ass.

This proves your ignorance. We haven't had 200% in about a year. And when we did have it, it was very sporadic. And not one person can monopolize it anyway.

Our contract is concessionary in that LOA 9 was ratified with a 6.87% pay cut on all pay rates. We did get a couple of improved contract language but it wasn't monetary.

Last edited:
Thank you for your affirmation of our pilot contract, Mr. Dispatcher.

You're welcome. When most employee groups are getting nothing, and some are even being asked for paycuts, I just want to know what makes the XJT pilots more special than the rest.

Of course you are. You're a senior lifer.

But when these a/c are parked SKYW INC can do a new cpa for flying at SKYW or ASA. Also those approx 200 pilots...what do you think will happen to the flying they were doing. Yep, ASA to cover.

You're welcome. When most employee groups are getting nothing, and some are even being asked for paycuts, I just want to know what makes the XJT pilots more special than the rest.

Nothing makes us more special. My only point is that it doesn't make sense to agree to a concession when we don't have to. We are not at will employees like you guys are so they can't just "ask" for pay cuts. But thanks again Mr. Dispatcher for injecting yourself into a conversation about XJT pilots' contract.

Latest resources

Back