• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW, Inc Q3 2012 Results - $20M Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But when these a/c are parked SKYW INC can do a new cpa for flying at SKYW or ASA. Also those approx 200 pilots...what do you think will happen to the flying they were doing. Yep, ASA to cover.

Well, if we are gonna lose aircraft, we won't need those supposed 200 pilots anyway. Seems to take care of itself. I'm sure attrition will take care of any possibilities of anything else. But I'm sure you'll try to find some kind of doom and gloom response just for the sake of it.

Let me be clear again, I don't care if they get rid of airplanes with expiring leases, furlough 200 pilots, get new CPAs, etc, etc. Its all status quo. This all would have been true even if Skywest didn't buy us.

Nothing makes us more special. My only point is that it doesn't make sense to agree to a concession when we don't have to. We are not at will employees like you guys are so they can't just "ask" for pay cuts. But thanks again Mr. Dispatcher for injecting yourself into a conversation about XJT pilots' contract.

All I said was, "sounds good to me." Please keep your current contract, but why just for five years? Let's shoot for 10 or 20. You guys continue to lose money and the attrition will take care of everything else. Win/win for all of us.

I've been here 7 years and not planning on being a lifer. But my point being is that those aircraft leaving when their 15 and 15.5 year leases expire were part of the original CPA CAL wrote when they spun off COEX in 2002, it was part of the amended CPA in 2008, and part of the new CPA in 2010 when Skywest bought us. In all cases, we've known those aircraft will leave when their leases begin to expire next year. It would be true if Skywest wouldn't have bought us. Hence why I said it was status quo.

This proves your ignorance. We haven't had 200% in about a year. And when we did have it, it was very sporadic. And not one person can monopolize it anyway.

Our contract is concessionary in that LOA 9 was ratified with a 6.87% pay cut on all pay rates. We did get a couple of improved contract language but it wasn't monetary.

It doesn't prove ignorance, naivety of your contract maybe, but the fact of the matter remains; guys are unreasobable dicks.

All I said was, "sounds good to me." Please keep your current contract, but why just for five years? Let's shoot for 10 or 20. You guys continue to lose money and the attrition will take care of everything else. Win/win for all of us.

What is your source that LXJT is losing money?

Simple really, but I couldnt do so without divulging company information on a public forum and I'm not going to do that. Any SkyWest or ExpressJet employee can do the math themselves on their respective company websites under the financial bonus section. If you care enough to find out for yourself, go do the math.

Couple whatever you find with the fact that ASA had no problem making money before ExpressJet was bought, and the fact that ExpressJet was losing money for years before they were bought, and its easy to see that XJT is negatively affecting ASA's bottom line.

And all I said is thanks to a dispatcher interjecting himself in a conversation about some other airline's pilot contract. Why five years? Well maybe if you didn't interject yourself into a conversation with a LASA pilot, you would know they negotiated for five years and worked under their old contract before ratifying their current one. But I'm sure as a non-union dispatcher of a different airline, you would know about the RLA and the realities of it.

It doesn't prove ignorance, naivety of your contract maybe, but the fact of the matter remains; guys are unreasobable dicks.

I ask again then and maybe you can actually answer the simple question this time. Why should we agree to a contract that is concessionary instead of operating under our current one?

And all I said is thanks to a dispatcher interjecting himself in a conversation about some other airline's pilot contract. Why five years? Well maybe if you didn't interject yourself into a conversation with a LASA pilot, you would know they negotiated for five years and worked under their old contract before ratifying their current one. But I'm sure as a non-union dispatcher of a different airline, you would know about the RLA and the realities of it.

I ask again then and maybe you can actually answer the simple question this time. Why should we agree to a contract that is concessionary instead of operating under our current one?

Dude, I know all about ASA and their 5 years of negotiations. What I'm saying is, let's up the bar and go for 10 years of negotiations. It seems to be in your nature at XJT to one up everyone else. This would be a good start.

And my group is also currently going through pay negotations. You just don't see us on here airing our dirty laundry about it.

Last edited:
Simple really, but I couldnt do so without divulging company information on a public forum and I'm not going to do that. Any SkyWest or ExpressJet employee can do the math themselves on their respective company websites under the financial bonus section. If you care enough to find out for yourself, go do the math.

Couple whatever you find with the fact that ASA had no problem making money before ExpressJet was bought, and the fact that ExpressJet was losing money for years before they were bought, and its easy to see that XJT is negatively affecting ASA's bottom line.

Nothing on our side. But you fail to mention that the CPA that Skywest Inc agreed to when buying ASA is that after five years they would only be paid the second lowest block hour of all the DCI carriers. They were headed to dramatic revenue loss and XJT had a new CPA for 35 aircraft with UAL and in the middle of negotiating another one with US Airways before Skywest put a stop to that. Then XJT enters the picture at precisely that five year mark. BR himself espoused how they would save about $60 million per year in synergy and economies of scale by merging the two airlines. And by the way, the reason why XJT was losing money is because SKW low balled the 2008 CPA that XJT inherited because they were able to offer a lower cost to CAL after assuming we would take concessions of 16% to bring us to the average compensation of Skywest pilots. In short, it was SKW who negatively affected XJT's bottom line and now they are having to deal with it. They broke it and now bought it. Which is why you don't find much sympathy with Inc on the LXJT side.

Dude, I know all about ASA and their 5 years of negotiations. What I'm saying is, let's up the bar and go for 10 years of negotiations. It seems to be in your nature at XJT to one up everyone else. This would be a good start.

And my group is also currently going through pay negotations. You just don't see us on here airing our dirty laundry about it.

Negotiations? Bahahahahaha

You are stuck on five years just to make a silly point. My ONLY point is, why should we agree to anything concessionary for 5, 10, 20 years or whatever instead of keeping our current contract? I don't really get why a non-union dispatcher even gets in the middle of pilots dirty laundry anyway. You have nothing better to do than to poke your nose in other people's business? I mean really? Really?

Nothing on our side. But you fail to mention that the CPA that Skywest Inc agreed to when buying ASA is that after five years they would only be paid the second lowest block hour of all the DCI carriers. They were headed to dramatic revenue loss and XJT had a new CPA for 35 aircraft with UAL and in the middle of negotiating another one with US Airways before Skywest put a stop to that. Then XJT enters the picture at precisely that five year mark. BR himself espoused how they would save about $60 million per year in synergy and economies of scale by merging the two airlines. And by the way, the reason why XJT was losing money is because SKW low balled the 2008 CPA that XJT inherited because they were able to offer a lower cost to CAL after assuming we would take concessions of 16% to bring us to the average compensation of Skywest pilots. In short, it was SKW who negatively affected XJT's bottom line and now they are having to deal with it. They broke it and now bought it. Which is why you don't find much sympathy with Inc on the LXJT side.

Which is exactly how JA wanted it. Again, your bottom line doesn't affect ours, so I don't care. We get paid well, get great bonus checks, benefits on five major carriers, and respected industry-wide. What have you got?

Latest resources

Back