• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 2nd Qtr 2009 Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like SkyWest was around $20 mill of the $26 mill. So ASA only helped out with $6 mill... My bouns was Net $1200..

These numbers are not available publicly because they are consolidated for financial reporting. So, where did you get them? Did you pull them out your arse?

When purchased, ASA was making equal profits as Skywest. If something different has happened since the purchase, then who is to blame? Skywest, certainly, is making more today than ASA, because you were grown. However, I highly doubt that the ratio that you suggest is any where near accurate. Bottom line, WE are making nice profits for our Parent Company, at a time when everyone else is struggling.

Cheers!

nice bonus today, more than I expected

These numbers are not available publicly because they are consolidated for financial reporting. So, where did you get them? Did you pull them out your arse?

When purchased, ASA was making equal profits as Skywest. If something different has happened since the purchase, then who is to blame? Skywest, certainly, is making more today than ASA, because you were grown. However, I highly doubt that the ratio that you suggest is any where near accurate. Bottom line, WE are making nice profits for our Parent Company, at a time when everyone else is struggling.

Cheers!

Based on my bonus check... Profit margin. ect.. not to hard to figure out..

Is it appropriate to be discussing our bonuses when there are others not so fortunate in our industry during these dire conditions. I don't feel it is.

Last edited:

Cheers!

I believe ASA's margins were higher than SKW's when we were purchased. I know right after the purchase ASA was posting 9%+. OO's were close but ASA was still making more on every dollar that was spent. I will speculate that since a huge amount of money has spent on things such as the A Tech, parking, undoing programs, closing outstations, etc; that these events have impacted the margin numbers.

In due course, I would expect these numbers to begin to get better as ASA begins to see some return over the course of these events.

I believe ASA's margins were higher than SKW's when we were purchased. I know right after the purchase ASA was posting 9%+. OO's were close but ASA was still making more on every dollar that was spent. I will speculate that since a huge amount of money has spent on things such as the A Tech, parking, undoing programs, closing outstations, etc; that these events have impacted the margin numbers.

In due course, I would expect these numbers to begin to get better as ASA begins to see some return over the course of these events.

And because of it, we can all hope that ASA is better off one year from now than it was three years ago. We are all in it together, and these numbers proved we led the industry once again. I even got a nice letter in my SWOL inbox from C.C. saying so. :D

Latest resources

Back