SKYW 2nd Qtr 2009 Earnings

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
The fuel reimbursements make the numbers look bad... but by judging from my BONUS CHECK SkyWest did great... The $1000 will come in handy for a little vacation this month.

Roger Dat

Total Time
homer,

just curious, how long have you been at Skywest.....

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
just over 6 years.

SLUF4

Total Time
you guys seem to get much larger bonuses than at ASA-why is that?

XPOO

You are now free to...
SkyWest has better performance which makes for a larger Performance Reward Bonus, and SkyWest turns a higher profit margin which makes for a larger Financial Reward Bonus.

SLUF4

Total Time
fair enough...where is Brad Holt-he is missing on the call

amcnd

Total Time
Looks like SkyWest was around $20 mill of the $26 mill. So ASA only helped out with $6 mill... My bouns was Net $1200..

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
fair enough...where is Brad Holt-he is missing on the call
Uncle rico and Kip are busty trying to close the deal on the 32 piece tupperware set...

SLUF4

Total Time
They might be in the time machine-they did say he was traveling

Speedtape

Total Time
enough
he hasn't received his bonus check yet--just speculation

Speedtape

Total Time
enough
Looks like SkyWest was around $20 mill of the $26 mill. So ASA only helped out with $6 mill... My bouns was Net $1200..
These numbers are not available publicly because they are consolidated for financial reporting. So, where did you get them? Did you pull them out your arse?

When purchased, ASA was making equal profits as Skywest. If something different has happened since the purchase, then who is to blame? Skywest, certainly, is making more today than ASA, because you were grown. However, I highly doubt that the ratio that you suggest is any where near accurate. Bottom line, WE are making nice profits for our Parent Company, at a time when everyone else is struggling.

Cheers!

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
he hasn't received his bonus check yet--just speculation
Not true!!! It was in my bank account at 4AM this morning when I got to work!

SkyNation

U.S. American
Total Time
12:34
nice bonus today, more than I expected

amcnd

Total Time
These numbers are not available publicly because they are consolidated for financial reporting. So, where did you get them? Did you pull them out your arse?

When purchased, ASA was making equal profits as Skywest. If something different has happened since the purchase, then who is to blame? Skywest, certainly, is making more today than ASA, because you were grown. However, I highly doubt that the ratio that you suggest is any where near accurate. Bottom line, WE are making nice profits for our Parent Company, at a time when everyone else is struggling.

Cheers!
Based on my bonus check... Profit margin. ect.. not to hard to figure out..

BrickTop

Is it appropriate to be discussing our bonuses when there are others not so fortunate in our industry during these dire conditions. I don't feel it is.

Last edited:

Tarzan

Total Time

Cheers!
I believe ASA's margins were higher than SKW's when we were purchased. I know right after the purchase ASA was posting 9%+. OO's were close but ASA was still making more on every dollar that was spent. I will speculate that since a huge amount of money has spent on things such as the A Tech, parking, undoing programs, closing outstations, etc; that these events have impacted the margin numbers.

In due course, I would expect these numbers to begin to get better as ASA begins to see some return over the course of these events.

XPOO

You are now free to...
I believe ASA's margins were higher than SKW's when we were purchased. I know right after the purchase ASA was posting 9%+. OO's were close but ASA was still making more on every dollar that was spent. I will speculate that since a huge amount of money has spent on things such as the A Tech, parking, undoing programs, closing outstations, etc; that these events have impacted the margin numbers.

In due course, I would expect these numbers to begin to get better as ASA begins to see some return over the course of these events.

And because of it, we can all hope that ASA is better off one year from now than it was three years ago. We are all in it together, and these numbers proved we led the industry once again. I even got a nice letter in my SWOL inbox from C.C. saying so. :D