• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

Skyteam Airlines - Operated by Air France
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/travel/175471181.html?refer=y

I give it 10 years before Legacy pilots will once again have to act like regional pilots and keep their costs low so that Skyteam or One world will give them more flying.
Then if you are at a regional you could do a double outsource.
Welcome aboard skyteam airlines operated by Delta, and then operated further by Go Jet.

Skyteam Airlines - Operated by Air France
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/travel/175471181.html?refer=y

I give it 10 years before Legacy pilots will once again have to act like regional pilots and keep their costs low so that Skyteam or One world will give them more flying.
Then if you are at a regional you could do a double outsource.
Welcome aboard skyteam airlines operated by Delta, and then operated further by Go Jet.

No, not really. First of all, this AF flight is in addition to the daily DL nonstop flight from MSP to CDG. The DL flight leaves 4 hours earlier, whereas the AF flight leaves around 8pm, arriving later for different connections in Paris. AF has actually given more flying to DL than they have taken. The above flight is Summer only to MSP, while they have transferred SEA to CDG to DL (daily), ORD to CDG (Wintertime), daily EWR to CDG (year round starting this upcoming Summer), and DL has added a DTW to CDG alongside the AF flight there. Next Summer DL will have 4 daily flights from ATL to CDG, one from BOS to CDG, PIT to CDG, and PHL to CDG also (those 3 Summertime only). And AF just announced the CNX of Tahiti to LAX, which may lead to a possible DL flight. Btw, Europe yields overall are down due to their worse recession, and DL has transferred a lot of assets towards Asia and South America.

Even before we had a big codeshare with AF/KL, the DL Wintertime flying to Europe was always pared down. The DL JFK ER operation reduced flights to maybe twice or three times a week to some European cities. It was great if you wanted a 72 hour layover, but this airline makes the most money during the 2nd and 3rd quarter (Spring and Summer). That is when most European flights go back to Daily. (recently announced JFK to Stockholm will come back during that time, and daily JFK to Iceland (KEF))
That is how it works. During the Winter, DL likes to shift planes elesewhere, like South America (A330s that were doing Europe this last Summer now will go ATL to Buenos Aires, for example).

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
KLM/AF pilots are better compensated than Delta Pilots. And check out how much vacation they get! Our labor group is by far a cheaper option.

Last edited:
KLM/AF pilots are better compensated than Delta Pilots. And check out how much vacation they get! Our labor group is by far a cheaper option.

You ever seen the taxes over there? 75% top rate. Of course, we appear to be headed that way if you know who gets elected.

http://www.kentingtons.com/downloads/Kentingtons_Tax_Rates.pdf

Taxes in France and other European countries is based on the level of income as it is supposed to be here in the US. Every time I read somebody making the excuse that the higher salaries of other pilots in first world countries is higher because the taxes they pay it really makes me laugh, like if AF management agreed to pay them more because they felt bad of how much taxes they pay, or is it because their pilots don't believe the nonesense that the lowest cost of the airline is the reason why they don't make a profit, hum?

You ever seen the taxes over there? 75% top rate. Of course, we appear to be headed that way if you know who gets elected.

I've lived there and have a good idea of what they pay vs. us, and what they get from their taxes vs. what we get from ours.

But even AFTER taxes they still make more than we do, and they get a lot more value from their tax dollar (in my opinion).

...and they get a lot more value from their tax dollar (in my opinion).

Well then be sure to pull the handle in two weeks for Obama, because he needs another four years to complete our transformation into another France. :eek:

Well then be sure to pull the handle in two weeks for Obama, because he needs another four years to complete our transformation into another France. :eek:

Personally I'd be happy with being another Germany/Norway/Sweden.

Last edited:

And if Obama is elected, you'll move, right? Pffft.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back