• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can second that. I also live there but thankfully am moving back to FL for NetJets.

Nothing worse than thousands of red neck, truck driving, obnoxious Buckeye fans that have nothing to do with the university in the first place but think they are entitled to be fans since they live in Columbus. Heck 90% of their fans have never even attended college, let alone graduated from high school. And it shows by the way they act: classless and pathetic.

Dude i'm sorry, that was me flipping you off from my 4wheel drive because i have no class. College?? What the f do I need college for when I can fly these shiny jets with just my G.E.D.?

I got your classless and pathetic right here pretty boy.

I can second that. I also live there but thankfully am moving back to FL for NetJets.

Nothing worse than thousands of red neck, truck driving, obnoxious Buckeye fans that have nothing to do with the university in the first place but think they are entitled to be fans since they live in Columbus. Heck 90% of their fans have never even attended college, let alone graduated from high school. And it shows by the way they act: classless and pathetic.

Nice. If only you made sense or were anywhere close to reality would you begin to become reliable.

Dude i'm sorry, that was me flipping you off from my 4wheel drive because i have no class. College?? What the f do I need college for when I can fly these shiny jets with just my G.E.D.?

I got your classless and pathetic right here pretty boy.
What?

Actually, by the strict dictionary definition, they are:
From Merriam-Webster's Dictionary, with relevant sections in bold -

1scab Pronunciation: \ˈskab\ Function:noun Etymology:Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Swedish skabbr scab; akin to Old English sceabb scab, Latin scabere to scratch — more at shaveDate:13th century1: scabies of domestic animals2: a crust of hardened blood and serum over a wound3 a: a contemptible person b (1): a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2): a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3): a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms4: any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also : one of the spots
Pilots are the only labor group that think the term "scab" has such a tight definition. I come from a long line of union members on both sides of my family, but they were all blue-collar workers. To them, "scab" can mean pretty much any person that undercuts union wages or work rules, works for a non-union company, doesn't join the union at a union company, etc... My grandfathers and great-grandfathers would think it absurd for a union worker to defend someone that does the same job as them for a third the pay.

DITTO !!!....

As unionized employees we as a group need to change,....or it will never stop !

As per the definition of scab, (period).

As was mentioned in a previous post, NWA contract did not enhance the airline pilot profession, it sent it back. I voted no along with 40 % of the pilot group. However, ALPA, specifically our senior pilots drove the yes vote by attaching the PWA to the pension. And the senior pilots walk away with their 12000/month pensions while a junior pilot enjoys a 100/month pension ! NWA ALPA dropped the ball on this one.

As a profession we need to "draw a line in the sand, and begin to take it back, at some point or we are doomed to repeat the past mistakes made by our profession.

Skybus pilots are hopefully the bottom of the industry.

So hopefully as a , we begin to rebuild our profession as a unified group, and act like a union.

Any pilot who takes a job at a undercutting airline, paying substandard wages should be viewed as a scab, because eventually they will pull all wages down towards their level.

Home

That and you're home every night... pay might suck but QOL is pretty darn good and hey it's an Airbus type...

Yeah, if by "home" you mean a cardboard shack down in Skybus shantytown. I think this airline will give rise to a whole new breed of "urban outdoorsmen."

I salute you fine adventurers! You may camp out my back alley any day-just remember-no dogfighting! I hear that can lead to unfortunate legal issues! I would be proud to share a bottle of ripple with you over the burned-out barrel you call a cookstove/fireplace!

-Onward and Upward!

So, then...by that definition...you're all a bunch of scabs...
From Merriam-Webster's Dictionary, with relevant sections in bold -

1scab http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/images/audio.gifPronunciation: \ˈskab\ Function:noun Etymology:Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Swedish skabbr scab; akin to Old English sceabb scab, Latin scabere to scratch — more at shaveDate:13th century1: scabies of domestic animals2: a crust of hardened blood and serum over a wound3 a: a contemptible person b (1): a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2): a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3): a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms4: any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also : one of the spots

Please take note of :

(4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms
:

That's the Webster definition.

Please take note of :

(4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms:

That's the Webster definition.

Ummm, yeah...I caught that the first time. I was pointing out that YOUR (and, in some ways the MerriamWebster) definition essentially covers EVERY pilot.

Ummm, yeah...I caught that the first time. I was pointing out that YOUR (and, in some ways the MerriamWebster) definition essentially covers EVERY pilot.

No, it really doesn't. In jetflier's case, he was forced into accepting substandard conditions due to the slanted bankruptcy laws in this country. He had no choice. The pilots going to Virgin American and Skybus have a choice. Plenty of airlines are hiring. If you make a conscious decision to go work for an airline that pays a fraction of what everyone else is paid, then you are part of the problem.

Latest resources

Back