• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus update anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't kid yourself about being in business for six months. JetBlue started with 130 million and everyone considered them a joke when they started. These guys have 160 million and 65 firm orders for A319's.
The $130M when JBL started, adjusted to 2007 USD is approx $160M. Same startup capital.

Take a look at what UAL tried to do with its Avolar unit in 2002. They spent $4 Billion to purchase/order 306 aircraft. Avolar lasted approx 6 months.

Dozens of LCCs have started in the last 20 years and only 2 have made any name for themselves.

http://www.airlineforecasts.com/UAL_Avolar.html

Even though $65k for a captain and $30k for an FO in an Airbus is terrible, the first year pay does include stock options of 4500 and 1500 respectively. If an IPO gathers just $20 a stock, than the captains just got $90,000 and the FOs got $30,000 bonus.

I know a guy who has been hired over there and he tells me that they cannot sell the stock for 2 yrs. So in 2 yrs when it goes to ZERO ....can you write it off your taxes is a better question

I say we start a blacklist for anyone taking a Skybus job.. This takes lower the bar new new heights.. If these guys succeed, then you can kiss this profession good bye. We'll never recover from it.

I say we start a blacklist for anyone taking a Skybus job.. This takes lower the bar new new heights.. If these guys succeed, then you can kiss this profession good bye. We'll never recover from it.

oooooh shut the f*** up. You and black list. You think black listing a few and screwing with their life and probably family life is going to change our shi*tty industry?! I remember when people use to bi**h about southwest pilots being the most underpaid pilots in the industry. Do you actually je*k off while trying to ruin peoples lives?....Have you seen first year pay at UPS, Tradewinds, Gemini, Delta and CONTINENTAL? They seem pretty low to me for the type of equipment. Stop acting like the all might and wise one. Dumba$$

Last edited:
Cheaps seats for obese passengers...

I read that the space between rows will be super tight - obviously need to squeeze as many seats in the Airbus as possible. So, given that most Americans are overweight (and some downright obese), how can you fit these bigger people in these tight seats and then fly them from Columbus to Burbank (4-5 hours against winds)? Are you going to get fat passengers buying multiple seats at $10-20 bucks apiece? Not trying to flame just trying to ask a realistic questions given the space constraints...

It's gonna be cramped in those planes with those seats - especially if the flights become popular...

oooooh shut the f*** up. You and black list. You think black listing a few and screwing with their life and probably family life is going to change our shi*tty industry?! I remember when people use to bi**h about southwest pilots being the most underpaid pilots in the industry. Do you actually je*k off while trying to ruin peoples lives?....Have you seen first year pay at UPS, Tradewinds, Gemini, Delta and CONTINENTAL? They seem pretty low to me for the type of equipment. Stop acting like the all might and wise one. Dumba$$

Re-read this thread.. I don't think many here would have any sympathy for someone taking a job that pays those wages when the direct competition (Southwest, AirTran, and even JB) pay a lot more.. There has to be something done to police our own. I for one, will have very little inclination to hire anyone with Skybus on their resume should I have any say in it.

Re-read this thread.. I don't think many here would have any sympathy for someone taking a job that pays those wages when the direct competition (Southwest, AirTran, and even JB) pay a lot more.. There has to be something done to police our own. I for one, will have very little inclination to hire anyone with Skybus on their resume should I have any say in it.

Hey dude how does it feel?

Latest resources

Back