• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus update anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard a rumor that the next a/c is going to be advertising Tampax. It's going to come complete with a streamer attached to the tail and everything...

With a little red on the belly to. Maybe the Skybus pilots will have there Red Barons license already.

I guess we in America need to learn from overseas airline companies like emirates, cathay, Kingfisher who literally treat their pilots like Gods and pay them what they deserve....$9k a month for an A320 capt and 6k a month for FO's....now that's what I call a paycheck.....don't have to keep your family on welfare anymore....

route date

Routes will be announced next Tuesday as well as the launch of the web site where you can begin booking tickets.

I agree that it is a shame that low wages are now making their way up from the regionals to the nationals.

Even though $65k for a captain and $30k for an FO in an Airbus is terrible, the first year pay does include stock options of 4500 and 1500 respectively. If an IPO gathers just $20 a stock, than the captains just got $90,000 and the FOs got $30,000 bonus. I'm sure there are stipulations in selling the stock, but it's better than nothing. What really matters is what 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year pay etc, is. If pay only goes up 5% a year, than that does suck.

Who knows how Skybus will do. Everyone thought Jet Blue was going to go downt the tubes, and it didn't. Not comparing Skybus to Southwest, but when Southwest started, all it had was 3 aircraft and only flew to 3 cities. Who would've worked for Southwest in 1971, in which Southwest was an Intra-State airline during the years of regulation. Why fly for some small no name airline low fare carrier when you could have gotten a job with Braniff, PanAM, TWA or anthor major airline at the time.

Just something to think about. (No I am no a Skybus pilot. No I haven't applied. I just am try to analyze the situation.)

The situation is management will be offering these "ultra-low" fares off the backs of labor.

Latest resources

Back