• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus Toast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many are still leaving at 60, and the highest-wage earners aren't the problem.

Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. At United alone, the monthly retirement rate's gone from ~30/month to 2-3 month.
If you consider 2-3 'many,' fine. In the dictionary, 2-3 is best defined as 'few.' Even 'several' is an incorrect description.

Other than American, where retirements are tied to a lookback of AMR's stock price, you arent' going to find a lot of retirements. And retirements at AMR will also come to a standstill once the stock price stabilizes.

You are unable to grasp the simple concept that the lack of retirements is resulting in many on the bottom end taking any job that they can find.

As the furloughs pick up steam, a lot of those furloughees are going to end up finding a job anywhere. It won't matter that the companies are paying less than Skybus wages.
So, instead of retirements at age 60, we're going to see the bottom of the losing their jobs and going to work anywhere that they can find a job. What will be the effect industrywide? More wage cuts.

Your inability to apply the laws of supply and demand to this business never ceases to amaze me. Now, care to share your dad's story? Guys like him are a BIG part of the problem. The difference between his behavior and the guy on the bottom of the list going to work at Skybus is, well, he wasn't at the bottom of the list.

But they should damn sure know better than to get all self-righteous about the paychecks of guys that didn't pay for their training. Skybus lowered the bar, but your PFT gig hit everyone else in the face with the bar.

You have zero credibility.

Trying to pass yourself off as the authority on how pilots should behave is embarassing. You are just one step above the lowest of bottom feeders.

This post is what it all comes down to about the PCL/Gulfstream debate.

Last edited:
Would you like to compare their pay now?

That's not a good comparison because Skybus pilots are all furloughed now.....but then again, CAL pilots will soon be furloughed too within the next few months, so I guess it might be a good comparison in a few weeks.

Congrats on being the only female ever turned down by Continental airlines. Now that really says something. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Um, no. I actually turned them down after I got the phone call because I didn't want to work for a place that offered no health benefits and 29 dollars an hour. LOL

You didn't seem to mind working for that though. hehehe. I think CAL pilots that bash Skybus pilots are pretty funny. LOL

That's not a good comparison because Skybus pilots are all furloughed now.....but then again, CAL pilots will soon be furloughed too within the next few months, so I guess it might be a good comparison in a few weeks.

XJET will be seeing a lot more pain than CAL in the coming months that is a given. Everyone is in big trouble including you Ms. Tool. The silver lining is that if we furlough, our pilots will have an airline to come back to. What do you have to look forward to? Reinterviewing at carriers that rejected you?

LMAO REJECTED

Um, no. I actually turned them down after I got the phone call because I didn't want to work for a place that offered no health benefits and 29 dollars an hour. LOL

Um no I think you are a liar. If you actually didn't want to work for the stated conditions, you wouldn't have applied in the first place.

LMAO REJECTED

You didn't seem to mind working for that though. hehehe. I think CAL pilots that bash Skybus pilots are pretty funny. LOL

I think pilots that can't get hired anywhere, especially as a female, is pretty funny. :laugh:

LMAO REJECTED

Understandable. Psychiatric care is not cheap.

Classic......

Let's not forget about her preexisting medical condition of chronic pelvic inflammatory disease.

No wonder she is so bitter. I always thought it was a burning bitterness about being rejected. It is actually a burning of another type driving her anger.

Last edited:
This post is what it all comes down to about the PCL/Gulfstream debate.

Not really.....

Hamburger said:
But they should damn sure know better than to get all self-righteous about the paychecks of guys that didn't pay for their training. Skybus lowered the bar, but your PFT gig hit everyone else in the face with the bar.

You have zero credibility.

But wait...Isn't Southwest PFT also?? Does that mean they lowered the bar.....
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. CMR,ASA,ACA,CAL Express (I'm sure there are many more) were all PFT. Shouldn't you people be crucifing them as well??

Not really.....

[/I]

But wait...Isn't Southwest PFT also?? Does that mean they lowered the bar.....
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. CMR,ASA,ACA,CAL Express (I'm sure there are many more) were all PFT. Shouldn't you people be crucifing them as well??

I do not consider SWA a pft operation. But more importantly, you don't see pilots from those other carriers exhibiting such arrogance and attitude about others like PCL.

I do not consider SWA a pft operation.
That's fine....That could (and has) been debated ad nauseum here.

But more importantly, you don't see pilots from those other carriers exhibiting such arrogance and attitude about others like PCL.
Actually you do. Besides pocono dufus is a CAL express PFT sucker!
I wasn't picking on you, I was just trying to make a statement.
Now lets get back to pocono pilot bashing!:)

T

Actually you do. Besides pocono dufus is a CAL express PFT sucker!
I wasn't picking on you, I was just trying to make a statement.
Now lets get back to pocono pilot bashing!:)

I knew you weren't picking on me! Besides, Pocohole pays for everything including companionship.

Good thing for her the TSA doesn't search crew bags for long cylindrical battery operated plastic devices.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back