Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PTinbound

Kool Aid CEO
Skybus Airlines will cease all operations effective Saturday, April 5.

Skybus struggled to overcome the combination of rising jet fuel costs and a slowing economic environment. These two issues proved to be insurmountable for a new carrier.

We deeply regret the impact this decision will have on our employees and their families, customers, vendors, suppliers, airport officials and others in the cities in which we have operated. Our financial condition is such that our Board of Directors felt it had no choice but to cease operations.

Passengers holding reservations for Skybus flights scheduled to depart on or after Saturday, April 5, 2008 should contact their credit card companies to arrange to apply for a refund. More information for customers and others will be made available on the Skybus web site (www.skybus.com) as it becomes available.

All flights for Friday, April 4 will be completed. Passengers holding reservations on flights for Friday, April 4 should check in for their flight at a Skybus kiosk at the airport instead of the Skybus website.

I am sorry for all afected by this crap!!!

PS: CEO & CFO are FKN coward rats!!!

I hope they get SEU up the wassu...SOBssss

Skybus, Aloha, ATA, and Champion can suck my nutz. Those CEOs blow. They are the ones that drove the companies into the ground and have now ruined families and careers over the $.

In this time of speculated recession how the hell can people just go and get jobs? Good luck people and if you were smart you would hang up your wings and find a stable job collating.

Curry said a Skybus pilot who was flying into Gary told a Gary Jet Center employee that he was informed in midflight that this was his last flight.

Skybus, Aloha, ATA, and Champion can suck my nutz. Those CEOs blow. They are the ones that drove the companies into the ground and have now ruined families and careers over the $.

In this time of speculated recession how the hell can people just go and get jobs? Good luck people and if you were smart you would hang up your wings and find a stable job collating.

Under no circumstances would I ever suggest anyone can 'suck my #' or that losing an airline is a good thing.

However the point about hanging up the wings is quite well stated. This industry has irrevocably changed for the worst and I sincerely doubt will ever recover to the work rule and relative compensation levels enjoyed by the major airline participants during the 1970's and 80's era's.

Open skies is the equivalent of NAFTA for pilots as best as I can tell.

I am purportedly one of the 'lucky' ones, about 1100 pilots below my seniority at CAL which I think is the most secure financially of all the pax carriers but to retain that level of security we pilots have FAR work rules and very low compensation for the equipment and theaters we fly in. I used to be able to fly at TWA/AA 75-80 hours a month to make a decent living, now I need to target around 95-100. Combine that fact with a EWR commute and I have never seen so little of my wife and 2 children as the last 3 years. Moving was never possible due to the low first year pay, and now I wonder if I could simply pay off the outstanding loan balance on what I could sell my house for.

Not that living in domicile would make that much of a difference anyway with our 'work rules'. What I wish I would have done when I first got furloughed was to really look hard, and courageously, at the possibilities in front of me and act on them. I would urge all of you who have suffered the loss of your jobs at any of the air carriers that have gone or are going out business to consider this idea.

Best wishes and heartfelt sympathies, I have been there (and still am).

I'm really sad to see ATA go, and Aloha.

But Skybus, feck them--$10 fares/$100 oil--those Masters from the University of Phoenix are really paying off!
And all those scabs that went there for the astounding 30000/year; oh, I shouldn't forget all those stock options! You guys must be loaded by now.
What a joke.

I remember when their Chief pilot tried to hire me at the DFW FltOps show.

"Seeing as how we're operating off investor money, we won't be able to pay as much in the beginning. We are looking for people who think outside the box and are offering company stock."

The whole operating off investor money and company stock was the red flag... n2m the pay?

But Skybus, feck them--$10 fares/$100 oil--those Masters from the University of Phoenix are really paying off!
And all those scabs that went there for the astounding 30000/year; oh, I shouldn't forget all those stock options! You guys must be loaded by now.
What a joke.

Man, you all are a tough crowd. Gloat all you want but be respectful and gloat in private. Remember families are effected for the worst here and many without back up plans. Ramp/FA's/Res agents all got the chop and dinner still needs to be on the table every night!!

WD.

What a joke.

sure hope you pass your medical next time it comes around...all of us are one medical from a mandatory retirement not unlike skybus pilots.

they have mouths to feed @ home too. don't blame the pilots for taking the job...blame the govn't and deregulation for allowing a start up carrier like this to operate with its advertised biz plan.

i am confident that if YOU find yourself; out of work, and your kid crying from hunger; would have accepted the skybus job if it came calling.

Latest resources

Back