• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus the Latest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was really hoping Skybus was going to make it.:( They had a good idea and product but just couldnn't get it to work for them in the face of 100 dollar oil. My best of wishes for their employees and families.

Godspeed,and good luck to those folks,a couple of compadres bailed and went there,good guys,at least they got a type out of it.

I was really hoping Skybus was going to make it.:( They had a good idea and product but just couldnn't get it to work for them in the face of 100 dollar oil. My best of wishes for their employees and families.

I don't know who to feel more sorry for...The families whose members chose to work at such a sh|thole for selfish reasons or for you for hoping that Skybus was actually going to make it.

I don't know who to feel more sorry for...The families whose members chose to work at such a sh|thole for selfish reasons or for you for hoping that Skybus was actually going to make it.

They had a good product and while their pay might have been a little low to start, if they had been sucessful, those guys would have been millionaires on their options and the pay would have gone up. You have to start somewhere. Competition is a good thing.

Remember families are effected for the worst here and many without back up plans.

A good backup plan might have been simply not leaving the current gig to go to work for a company paying sub-regional wages to operate mainline aircraft. I just can't feel a lot of sympathy for anyone not smart enough to identify that as a losing proposition from the get-go, especially if they had a family depending on their judgment.

They had a good product...

No, they didn't. They had a substandard product with substandard customer service.

They had jam-packed seating tighter than any other carrier: 156 pax on a plane 12 feet shorter than JetBlue's 150-pax A320. They didn't have jetways to keep the customers warm and dry -- it was a real treat watching one of their first flights get delayed because it took them half an hour to get a handicapped customer on board. And good luck getting any sleep, with the entire flight being a non-stop sales pitch, because the $9/hr flight attendants can't survive without commissions. And if you have a problem? Good luck. Send an e-mail. There's nobody to call for help.

Competition is a good thing.

And the market spoke: we don't want EasyJet here.

The pilots knew what they were getting into at Skybus. Low wages, ridiculously low fares, joining a start up carrier are risky moves. They gambled and lost. Aloha has been around a long time, poor management and unscrupulous business practices by a competitor is what did them in.

They had a good product and while their pay might have been a little low to start, if they had been sucessful, those guys would have been millionaires on their options and the pay would have gone up. You have to start somewhere. Competition is a good thing.

Scary post!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back