• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus Loads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will laugh (maybe cry?) when 5 years from now we have skybus pilots asking if it would be wrong for them to deny a jumpseat to the next lowest paying airline. What would stop pilots from flying an Airbus for Mesa rates (or less). It is just a matter of time if we don't work together to bring wages up. If Skybus pilots had any balls they would unionize on day one and start the contract negotiations countdown (e.g., mediation, strike, etc)

Last edited:
Kick ass, a spelling bee contest. I'll pick the little asian kid!

The 2007 Spelling Bee winner was Evan O'Dorney. You don't give our race much credit!!!

We live in a Capitalistic Economy last I looked and the guy who has the best widget wins. So, enough of this crap about which airline is bringing down the industry. Toyota has been thought of in the same light, but you know what, their product kicks butt-- and so does ours...

Long live Jetblue!!!

Some folks believe we brought down the industry but jeez, the Skyhound project is just ridiculous.

JB did nothing to bring down the industry. The legacy carriers did that all by themselves. The pathetic way they treat there passengers lies solely at their feet. Jetblue, AirTran, SWA and a handful of the other LLC'c offer the customer a better product. It really is that simple.

"Every Skybus flight has 10 seats for sale for $10 each, and captains often ask customers to raise their hands if they got the $10 seats to show other customers the promotion is real."

I might ask the fella trying to js how he feels doing cr@p like this is going to help his future career earnings.

I asked a Gulfstream guy to buy us lunch for a ride. The dummy agreed and I later told him I was joking. I would ask the Skybus guy for $10 and just see what he say's. Tell him you have one seat on the airplane thats 10 and thats the jumpseat. I would like to see his expression. BTW is Skybus hiring?

"Every Skybus flight has 10 seats for sale for $10 each, and captains often ask customers to raise their hands if they got the $10 seats to show other customers the promotion is real."

I might ask the fella trying to js how he feels doing cr@p like this is going to help his future career earnings.

Spirit charges $8 fares to the Carribean, but they also charge $300+ for the return trip. I'd say it's marketing at it's best. But they're not bringing down the industry? Don't blame those who try to put food on the table. Look at your own company's management and see how they've made out compared to those in the trenches...

JB did nothing to bring down the industry. The legacy carriers did that all by themselves. The pathetic way they treat there passengers lies solely at their feet. Jetblue, AirTran, SWA and a handful of the other LLC'c offer the customer a better product. It really is that simple.

Is that a fact?? Really??? Do you honestly believe that the downfall of the industry (for pilots) was caused by how the passengers are treated???

I guess pay, workrules, no pensions, had nothing to do with it......

I think we all should just wait and see how Skybus and the likes will find their niche.

There is nothing wrong if they all become successful. It's like getting around in NYC: you can take a

1) bus or a subway (Skybus), or
2) a taxi cab (Southwest), or a
3) nice limo (Airtran, United, etc.) or a
4) luxury limo (MaxJet, etc.)

These services all coexist in NYC and have loyal customers. And I am sure the drivers don't hate each other.

So why should we???
:)

Latest resources

Back