• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyBus Jumpseater

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was at CMH yesterday, and watched their operation. I was looking for any pilots that I might recognize. Their uniforms are terrible. And I know most of you dont like hats, but how about "beenies". All the pilots I saw were wearing these beenies, not sure if it was part of the uniform or not.

I did talk to one of the pilots, he said "SKYBUS SUCKS. THEY LIED TO US." In the 30 second "chat", he made it sound like the pilots are pissed and most want to quit. FWIW, this guy is a captain, and wants to go to netjets.

BS. These individuals have done some irreparable damage to the industry as a whole by redefining the bottom, accepting the same rate that MESA pays to their captains (which is low to begin with) to fly an Airbus is no better than to cross a picket line or to lie about your hours on your logbook. These individuals are bottom feeders that accepted this position because 1) SJS to create resume and move on 2) they are SCABS and this is the only job they can get 3) They have checkered past and this is the only POS job they can get. They did not consider the repercussions of what this will do to the future earnings of your sons and daughters if they decide to venture into this career and the long term effects that setting a new industry low will have. They don't deserve ANY common courtesy

Boy, that's quite an assessment of an individual that you probably haven't even met.

Has he done any more to hurt the industry than any other pilot that has accepted what you would consider an under paid job? How about all the pilots that voted to take pay cuts and other concessions, are they to be denied your JS too? How about all the PFT pilots? Do you have a list of those names so that you may refuse them the JS too?

Would I go to Skybus? No

However I wouldn't criticize someone that decided for themselves to do so.

As for the JS, if they are on the reciprocal list, they are welcome.

BTW: Skybus is on PDT's reciprocal CASS list.

Please tell me this was not true.....

Honestly, does it really matter? Once you've gone to the forest ranger look, a beanie is just icing on the cake. These guys become more of a joke every day.

Denying a jumpseat is juvenile at best and its typically done by people who don't commute. With the clear exception of scabs, give the guy a seat and perhaps have an intellectual discussion.

I'm such a dreamer.

is no better than to cross a picket line or to lie about your hours on your logbook.
So you're the log book police? And what about all the UAL and Continental pilots that crossed picket lines to get where they are. When YOU jumpseat do you ask the pilot whether or not he's a scab, relax and make all jump seater's welcome!

And what about all the UAL and Continental pilots that crossed picket lines to get where they are. When YOU jumpseat do you ask the pilot whether or not he's a scab, relax and make all jump seater's welcome!

So you give rides to SCABs? I always checked the list for anyone that was questionable.

That's up to you, what I meant is if you are jump seating, do you ask the Captain if he is a scab? I have worked with several scabs, very nice people, and who knows how many scabs gave me a jump seat at CA and UAL, I am very grateful.

Latest resources

Back