• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyBus Jumpseater

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have no idea why these guys decided to work at Skybus. Fact is it's none of your business. Try taking the high road sometime, show a little grace.

Tell your son or daughter to show a little grace and accept the job that is being offered to them flying an RJ for $40 an hour. Not possible? I got news for you, there are folks flying an airbus for $60. Even in Africa they pay more money than that to fly a CRJ. What a joke this market has become

I was at CMH yesterday, and watched their operation. I was looking for any pilots that I might recognize. Their uniforms are terrible. And I know most of you dont like hats, but how about "beenies". All the pilots I saw were wearing these beenies, not sure if it was part of the uniform or not.

Uhh... sure they weren't yarmulkes? I believe we're about halfway through Hannukah, which might explain it.

I have worked with several scabs, very nice people, and who knows how many scabs gave me a jump seat at CA and UAL, I am very grateful.

"Very nice people?" :rolleyes:

Guys I do not know if SkyBus will be an issue in a year or two. They finally got financing for their next installment of 319's. 19 to be exact. Read the article in Aviation Week. It took some convincing, but they finally got the approval of a bank over in the far east.
I talked to them and when they told me what they were going to pay for the left seat I laughed and respectfully walked away. You can make more flying in the left seat of any regional carriers 50 seaters. Fact is that their pay does not compare to any ones. Even outfits like SA and Cargo 360 blow these guys out of the box. Either their fares will go up to compensate their workforce, or their workforce will quite for greener pastures. I know two guys that when their, and have been disappointed from day one.
Denying a jumpseat is a Captain's decision, but for anyone that has commuted, you know that is a very dangerous game to play.

Today (Pearl Harbor Day) is the beginning of Hanukkah, according to my Confederate Air Force calendar. So if you saw them before today it must be something else.
Of course, the calendar also says the "backbone of the Pacific Fleet was broken" which must mean that carriers were what, the femur?
Tip of the hat to all the current and former Squids (especially the crew of LSD-52) on this infamous day.

Tell your son or daughter to show a little grace and accept the job that is being offered to them flying an RJ for $40 an hour. Not possible? I got news for you, there are folks flying an airbus for $60. Even in Africa they pay more money than that to fly a CRJ. What a joke this market has become

Then start a new career if it's that bad.

BTW, when my son or daughter are at the point in their life to begin a career, I will not tell them anything. They will be adults and can make that decision for themselves.

As for me, I never said I would work for Skybus. Only that I would give them a lift if need.

I am sure, when the Southwest guys and gals were lower paid than the rest that noone gave them $hit about riding the jumpseat....now look at them.

Get off your high horse, welcome the guy aboard, and pray to whomever it is you pray that your career goes well and you don't have to start over like many of them. They have done NOTHING to you, except pay their mortgages and buy food for their families. I suppose when PCL 128 was doing that at the regional level or was buying his job, it wasn't doing anything to the profession.

A350

According to the Skybus wiki:

"Starting pilot wages are also below average in terms of hourly rate, starting at $65,000 annually for Captains, and $30,000 for First Officers as a minimum guarantee. The average captains' earnings are about $90,000 vs $120,000 per year for a 1st year Captain at airlines like United Airlines but in the case of Skybus this includes a significant stock options and profit share package unique in the airline industry today which, depending on airline financial performance, can make them the highest paid pilots in the US"

Any truth to this statement?

Latest resources

Back