Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYBUS Countdown to Cha.11

I bet you guys made a fortune shorting stocks when USAir, UAL, and DAL all went into CH11. I wish I had one of those crystal balls.

Skybus sucks

They are telling everyone they have all this money...Have you seen ANYTHING on paper..its all cheap talk like everthing else they told the pilots from the start. They will make money on $110.00 barrel....think you before you write friends....they are loosing money as you talk.

Show me the money...

Skybus is soooo desperate for cities that have no true airline services..Skybus will only sleep with cities that give them free money, free buildings,etc for their sleazy services...They will suck the life out of the city...and then, when the money is finished..sooo is Skybus...wait and see..they will leave in a heart beat..these cities dont even have true loads for the airbus..non of these routes will ever make money...RJ cant even fill the seats...Skybus will....its a JOKE.

finsup,

from what i heard, they have a model based on ryanair. it is on their website. ryanair stimulates otherwise untapped demand by offering cheap or free tickets. ryanoar says according to skybus that they gave away over 250,000 free seats last year, or maybe in the last few years.

for the sake of discussion, they offer 10 seats at 10 dollars. the last seat on the plane the day of departure is $390.00. the price goes as the departure day for each draws near. the aggregate amount they collect would be fairliy consistent with 100 to 150 for each segment. what is the cliche, there is no free lunch.

as far as cities, jetblue,flyi(when they existed) and others have realized that the yield on transcon isn't as good as short haul. their turns are all 25 minutes.
they open both doors front and rear. passengers deplane like an evac. the key to their model is utilization. they say they their planes fly around 15 hours of block a day. 20 percent more than industry.
this mirrors what ryan air does.

for all the mudslinging, they type you from the start and left seat qual you. so what is the risk? an airbus type and left seat jet PIC within a year and chance to make a huge windfall should the options sell at the price they forecast of 68 to 78 a share.

compensating people in startups with a combo of salary and stock when it goes public has only been done a few thousands times in the last few years. many millionaires made form tech startups.

you'd think the mere mention of paying pilots in this manner would not spark an upheavel the likes of which remind me of the salem witch trials

I was gonna say something like that. You beat me to it.

I'll miss that brkfst buffett and omlet station

finsup,

for all the mudslinging, they type you from the start and left seat qual you. so what is the risk? an airbus type and left seat jet PIC within a year and chance to make a huge windfall should the options sell at the price they forecast of 68 to 78 a share.

your insane. where do you come up with these numbers? if you said .68 a share i'd believe you. you've been fed too much kool aid!

i'm insane for relaying what i heard :
at that price the stock would be trading at 25 times earnings per share. that is called a P/E multiple. 10 to 20 is a conservative or even referred to as an undervalued P?E multiple. many stocks on nasdaq and the big board will trade at 50 to 70 times earnings. they're over valued.
if the company hits its numbers( and they don't have to publish them until after they go public, then they project (I'm sure with the blesssing of investment bankers) that 25 X earnings would be realistic.

these aren't my numbers nor are they guaranteed.

there is risk with everything, try marriage and you'll understand risk alot better.

Last edited:
First thing they learn at SKYBUS

How to drink all that KOOL AID that management puts out. That whole operation sucks.

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom