• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYBUS Countdown to Cha.11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really aren't very bright. You're basing your arguments on "what you heard"?

Speaking of 25 minute turns. When I was at jetBlue, we NEVER turned in less than 30 minutes...usually 45 to an hour.

And who is forecasting that ridiculous stock price? The recruiters who are looking for incompetent pilots who can't get a job elsewhere, and who will whore themselves out to anyone...

Jeez, Louise...

finsup,

from what i heard, they have a model based on ryanair. it is on their website. ryanair stimulates otherwise untapped demand by offering cheap or free tickets. ryanoar says according to skybus that they gave away over 250,000 free seats last year, or maybe in the last few years.

for the sake of discussion, they offer 10 seats at 10 dollars. the last seat on the plane the day of departure is $390.00. the price goes as the departure day for each draws near. the aggregate amount they collect would be fairliy consistent with 100 to 150 for each segment. what is the cliche, there is no free lunch.

as far as cities, jetblue,flyi(when they existed) and others have realized that the yield on transcon isn't as good as short haul. their turns are all 25 minutes.
they open both doors front and rear. passengers deplane like an evac. the key to their model is utilization. they say they their planes fly around 15 hours of block a day. 20 percent more than industry.
this mirrors what ryan air does.

for all the mudslinging, they type you from the start and left seat qual you. so what is the risk? an airbus type and left seat jet PIC within a year and chance to make a huge windfall should the options sell at the price they forecast of 68 to 78 a share.

compensating people in startups with a combo of salary and stock when it goes public has only been done a few thousands times in the last few years. many millionaires made form tech startups.

you'd think the mere mention of paying pilots in this manner would not spark an upheavel the likes of which remind me of the salem witch trials

25 minute turns? Good luck, people are fat and slow anymore, so just getting them off the bird can take awhile, then throw in the guy in a wheelchair who needs the aisle chair to get him to the door, plus now throw in any airport you don't have a bridge and the time doubles if not triples to just get them off. Then the same to get them on and seated, they sure like to take their sweet time sitting thier butts down in those cheap $10 seats dealing with carryon's and then those ten geriatrics coming out of FL who all need "extra" time getting out of their wheelchairs and down the aisle to row 2. Now lets include cleaning time, do they not clean thier planes between flights or do they just let the crap pile up to keep the turn time down? I would bet that 25 minute turns don't happen often if at all unless you have empty planes.

Good luck with those 25 minute turns...

haven't heard yet... several guys at pace, ex cc air'ers that like living in the home of piedmont airlines, (the original) and driving to work are talking to them. Pace sux. they torment you in scheduling. what i thought could have been the greatest low cost model ever, Hooters Air, failed, so i'm digging out of a $hithole. if they leave i can upgrade. i'll let you know

as i told my buddies, if i don't i suck donkey diks

i guessed at their email, since i had spoken to them at the dc job fair. no they don't return calls. so , what ever. i can still see a clusterfuk happening on those double wide airstairs on wheels when a nice nice nor'easter is over the field. can you see grandma trying to keep her hair scarf on as the the thirty knot gust hits her in the face on one side while the flying sheets of rain douse on the other, "OH MY!" or is it "OH DEAR!"

Fine print - you must wait 4 years to sell stock options. Will they exist then? It will be long after IPO luster wears off.

3 year employment contract date - you may or may not have employment renewed each 3 year term, no guarantees. This is not cool.

Latest resources

Back