• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus Airlines $10 Fares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i thought defintion of a major was one billion in gross revenue... i guess they are a startup. that is probably more accurate. they're no different than a startup flying cessna 402s out of cape cod. a startup is a startup is a startup...

Considering the source

ALPA needs to censure these pilots for life. Work for a dirtbag outfit like Skybus, never get hired by a Major. Simple.

Enough of this tearing down what we professionals spend so many years building.

We must insist our hiring depts refuse these pilots should they ever interview. The message must be sent loud and clear to these PPTs (Pilot Profession Terrorists).

It's all about supply and demand, less about profit. India is proving right now, despite what the pilots make, and airplane can still be profitable. They pay captains $11,000 a month, because there simply aren't any pilots left in India to hire, yet they still make money charging cheap fares.

These Skybus captains don't HAVE TO WORK for $65K to make the company successful. But of course their not intelligent enough to figure that out.

The more things change the more they stay the same. An RJ guy continuing an age old routine of talking out his A$$!!! Why can't we all just get along?

Nope, they are all OSU fans (rednecks). That right there explains their intelliegence level.

Pot meet kettle...

Looks like someone has photocopied a few pages out of the eurotrash airline Ryanair's book.

It might be Eurotrash, but Ryanair has some of the highest payscales for narrowbody pilots in europe. Starting Pay for Captains is $120K, 5th year F/Os make $140K and 5th year Captains over $200K. And they are home every night, no communiting, guaranteed.

Clever management like Ryanair's apparently values motivated cockpit personell. How clever Skybitch's management team remains to be seen, looks like they forgot to copy a few important pages...

Cheers,
Sun'n Fun

It might be Eurotrash, but Ryanair has some of the highest payscales for narrowbody pilots in europe. Starting Pay for Captains is $120K, 5th year F/Os make $140K and 5th year Captains over $200K. And they are home every night, no communiting, guaranteed.

Clever management like Ryanair's apparently values motivated cockpit personell. How clever Skybitch's management team remains to be seen, looks like they forgot to copy a few important pages...

Cheers,
Sun'n Fun

You really need to do some more research on Ryan Air. Ryan has some of the worst labor practices in the airline industry worldwide. Michael O'Leary has fired pilots for charging their cell phones at work because they are "stealing his electricity." Pilots don't get water out of the galley unless they pay for it. Numerous pilots have been fired for just talking about a union.

Michael O'Leary pays his pilots very well for one reason only: it's the only way he can get people to put up with the rest of the bull$hit that he pulls.

You really need to do some more research on Ryan Air. Ryan has some of the worst labor practices in the airline industry worldwide. Michael O'Leary has fired pilots for charging their cell phones at work because they are "stealing his electricity." Pilots don't get water out of the galley unless they pay for it. Numerous pilots have been fired for just talking about a union.

Looks like your "research" is mainly from pprune. O'Leary is very good at his job, which is generating buzz for his airline.

Michael O'Leary pays his pilots very well for one reason only: it's the only way he can get people to put up with the rest of the bull$hit that he pulls.

Isn't that the case in any Job? My friends at Ryanair are very happy there. Oh, and they don't mind to buy their own water from their fat paychecks. ;)

The CMH market didn't work for either TWA or AWA. I know this is just a couple of Airbii, but I really don't see this working too well. Not enough capitalization. Even if their load factors are full, let's do the math:

156 X 10 = $1560 dollars for a single leg. That won't even buy fuel for the A319. While I'm aware they don't intend to sell all their seats at such a fare, there is simply no way they're gonna be able to go into a thin market and make anything resembling money.

As far as you FlyI Airbus folks that are populating their cockpits, come on fella's...Continental, UPS, FDX, AAI, SWA, B6 and others are hiring. Have some respect for yourself. Even if Skybus takes off, your career earnings at any of the above listed airlines will be much better.

Looks like your "research" is mainly from pprune.

Nope, my research is from IFALPA which has been receiving complaints and requests for help from countless Ryan Air pilots for years.

O'Leary is very good at his job, which is generating buzz for his airline.

O'Leary is a worthless sack of $(%^ that treats all people, not just his employees, like nothing but cattle. Are you aware that O'Leary instituted a policy not to take any disabled passengers because they were slowing the boarding process and costing him time and money? A few lawsuits that he had to settle ended that policy, but it shows just what sort scum he really is.

Oh, and they don't mind to buy their own water from their fat paychecks. ;)

I can't believe an air line pilot would actually try to justify this. Buying water while working!?! Come on, you have more self-respect than that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back