• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sky West pilots response to mgt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Things are different when you're not in the top tier of pilots, Skynation.

You RJ guys got your last raise and Brasilia guys got NOTHING. PBS is a disaster for anyone in the bottom 3/4 of the list.

The SAPA company puppets lie to each other for the purposes of having secret meetings/votes without a dissenting voice and you expect them to tell you the truth about anything?

It may be nice for you, but you might consider how your fellow pilots have it. They aren't 'haters', they're just sick of being whipped by the company.

Last edited:
Can't wait until the thing gets voted down so we can spend another 5 years talking about how ALPA's going to win the next vote hands down. ZZZzzzzz!

You RJ guys got your last raise and Brasilia guys got NOTHING.

Would you prefer that everyone get nothing? Isn't 3/4 of the group getting something better than none of the group?

PBS is a disaster for anyone in the bottom 3/4 of the list.

Depends on who you ask. My unofficial, unscientific survey of almost everyone I talk to in SLC (our largest dom) sees it as a big improvement.

The SAPA company puppets lie to each other for the purposes of having secret meetings/votes without a dissenting voice and you expect them to tell you the truth about anything?

Just because I don't have wood for ALPA doesn't mean that I cheer for SAPA. I don't care if the Girl Scouts represent us, it's results that matter.

It may be nice for you, but you might consider how your fellow pilots have it. They aren't 'haters', they're just sick of being whipped by the company.

the haters I referred to are the usual suspects on this forum, not necessarily SW pilots. Don't worry, they'll be in here soon with their tired old line of crap.

When is the vote deadline?

Is it 51% that is needed to get ALPA on property?

Good luck to all in ending the wipsaw from Utah.

You RJ guys got your last raise and Brasilia guys got NOTHING. PBS is a disaster for anyone in the bottom 3/4 of the list.

When the pay package came through, more than 3/4 of the FOs on the Brasilia were first year pilots. They did all get a raise. The people that got screwed were the 10 year guys in their cozy little west coast domiciles who refuse to go to the jet. That's their choice. The Brasilia is a dying airframe, just ask anyone who flies it above sea level... Being able to take 20 passengers and 15 bags doesn't help much when the flight is oversold.

Everyone I fly with or talk to who complains about PBS admits they don't know how to use it, and haven't bothered to read the instructions. I'm supposed to feel sorry for them??

It will be interesting to see what comes of the vote. The day after the pay package passed, everyone was complaining in the crew lounges, yet 30% didn't even BOTHER TO VOTE. Just look at what happened at Colgan... apathy is rampant.

When the pay package came through, more than 3/4 of the FOs on the Brasilia were first year pilots. They did all get a raise. The people that got screwed were the 10 year guys in their cozy little west coast domiciles who refuse to go to the jet. That's their choice. The Brasilia is a dying airframe, just ask anyone who flies it above sea level... Being able to take 20 passengers and 15 bags doesn't help much when the flight is oversold.

Everyone I fly with or talk to who complains about PBS admits they don't know how to use it, and haven't bothered to read the instructions. I'm supposed to feel sorry for them??

IDIOT ALERT!!!! The above post was posted by an idiot, and is therefore to be viewed at your own risk. Flightinfo takes no responsibility for an individual user buying into such idiotic comments and subjecting themselves to the possibility of becoming an idiot. Remember, nobody likes an idiot, so please post and view with caution.

When the pay package came through, more than 3/4 of the FOs on the Brasilia were first year pilots. They did all get a raise.

So it is OK to screw 60ish% of the bro pilots?

The people that got screwed were the 10 year guys in their cozy little west coast domiciles who refuse to go to the jet. That's their choice.

Just remember, when those guys do move to the jet, and start commuting from their cozy little west coast domicile, you will get pushed down. Why is it OK to screw the 10 year guys anyhow?

The Brasilia is a dying airframe, just ask anyone who flies it above sea level... Being able to take 20 passengers and 15 bags doesn't help much when the flight is oversold.

When did the pilots vote to keep a dying airframe? Why should the bro folks take no raise because Jerry won't buy Q-400s?

If they were to lazy to learn how to use it, that is their fault. If the company implements a terrible user interface, and inputs garbage pairings, is that the pilots fault? In a way I suppose it is. Perhaps SAPA should have forced the company into a better system, or some rules to make the system friendlier to those that are a slave to it.

It will be interesting to see what comes of the vote. The day after the pay package passed, everyone was complaining in the crew lounges, yet 30% didn't even BOTHER TO VOTE. Just look at what happened at Colgan... apathy is rampant.

Sad but true!

Latest resources

Back