Sky King adds Lakeland flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DUATS

Sky King will be flying from Lakeland ("the closest airport to Legoland") to four cities for Direct Air starting in June.

Hopefully more planes and pilots coming.....and maybe a new pilot base?

MYR, IAG, SPI, HGR

Has the authority been granted to operate more than 10 planes?

Not that I know of. The PBI flights might be suspended for the summer.

With 977 gone, there is room for 1 more - but it might be going to Guam.

Not that I know of. The PBI flights might be suspended for the summer.

With 977 gone, there is room for 1 more - but it might be going to Guam.

If I understood him correctly, Chris said the Direct Air stuff would shift from PBI to LAL in June. I may have misremembered that, though. He also mentioned 5 400s they were looking at once the DOT limit got raised from 10 planes. They also want a total of 37 crews so that looks like another 40 pilots.

Plus we are getting 717s and we will all be Captains in a few months...no wait, that was some other airline.

Last edited:
If I understood him correctly, Chris said the Direct Air stuff would shift from PBI to LAL in June. I may have misremembered that, though. He also mentioned 5 400s they were looking at once the DOT limit got raised from 10 planes. They also want a total of 37 crews so that looks like another 40 pilots.

Yea, he told me the same thing on moving to LAL. He didn't mention anything to me about 5 more -400's, but he did say he thought they would replace the -400 in GUM with a -500. Also said the loads in GUM dropped off dramatically after the Fukishima thing. They jury is still out on whether the HKG tour operator can stomach some near term losses on that contract. He figured SGB would be an all 300/400/500 fleet within a year. They are at 20 crews now, and said they already have permission to go to 37, so there will be classes of 8 every six weeks through the end of the year. They are so short of guys in MIA they are constantly bumping up against the 100 hour limit, so it seems much of the hiring now is just due to being short staffed as well as the new regulations that come out in August. It would seem to be a good time to get in the door.

Plus we are getting 717s and we will all be Captains in a few months...no wait, that was some other airline.

But George wouldn't lie to you, would he?

A union organizing drive just came out. IBT.

God, the last thing you need is the teamsters. I have been at 2 different airlines where we have tossed the teamsters to get ALPA. Don't get me wrong, ALPA blows as well but the teamsters are a thousand times worse. We had very good reasons to decertify the teamsters at both places. Stay far far away from them.

Latest resources

Back